Evidently her friend took her 4 year old grandson to the zoo Monday, right? Everything is going great, they're walking around, having fun, boy's got his backpack with his snacks and stuff in it....life is good.
Suddenly the little boy disappears, and they can't find him. Frantic search ensues. Boy finally comes running back up to Grandma and he's like "Grandma, we have to go home". She asks why and he won't tell her, but he's adamant that they have to leave, and they have to leave now. Dragging her towards the exit adamant.
So on the ride home she's trying to get him to tell her where he disappeared to, and he won't answer, won't talk, just sits staring down at the backpack on his lap, not speaking or moving. She's really getting scared now, thinking something bad has happened to him, like someone molested him while he was gone or something.
They get home, she calls his Mom to tell her what's going on, meanwhile the little boy is like "Grandma I have to take a bath. Now. Hurry please". So she's really concerned now, that he is feeling "dirty" and he seems to be almost panicking in his need to get into the bathtub. So she runs the bath, he gets in, and she goes back downstairs to call his Mom back and say "Get over here, something is really wrong".
Grandma walks back upstairs to check on him, hears him just giggling to beat the band in the bathtub! Walks in...and finds that he had stolen a baby penguin from the zoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that the funniest thing you have ever heard?????
They have no idea how he got the baby penguin, and he won't tell them, but he knew it needed to be in water and that's why he was so intent to get home and in the bathtub so fast! I guess they had to call the Zoo and say "Uh yeah, we have something that belongs to you!"
Guess he saw Happy Feet and took it a bit too seriously!
35 comments:
OMG!!! That is hilarious! My son now loves penguins...maybe we should stay away from the zoo for a while...
LOL haven't you told that story before? Re-run! I want knew stuff!!!
That would be new stuff!
SHUT UP!!! No way! OMG I would DIE. I guess they need to start putting security tags on all animals. TOO funny!
ROFL
julie...I NEED to know how this little guy captured the penguin, before I take my grandkids to the zoo! Great story!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
****BIG GASP******
OMG!! He stole a penguin?!!?!?!? NO WAY!!!
That is INSANE!!!
Holy SHIT!!
I don't know WHAT I'd do, but I would flip for sure.
That is HILARIOUS!
OMG Julie, are you freaking kidding me???? Too hilarious!
I found out today there is a God! How? Because this wasn't one of my kids!
That is wild (pardon the pun)! I can't believe he was able to steal it without someone seeing him. Penguins are such cool creatures. Good story!
OMG! That is so funny. What did the zoo say? Love it.
Oh my goodness, that is better than I was expecting. I thought he took a dump in his bag or something, but a penguin? Awesome!
@Danica...I told it on the Six Degrees board awhile back...
Loved it!!!
Can I share my funniest moment?
My son is three. Daughter is seven.
Daughter learned that when you are young, your bones have not yet fused together, giving you in essence more bones than when you are older.
Daughter says "Brother, did you know you have more bones in your body that me or mommy do?"
He sounds exasperated! And says "OF COURSE!!! That's because I have a penis!!!!"
That is one of the funniest things I've ever read! It totally beats the time daughter stole a Pooh Bear from a store.
how funny that is. I can just picture poor grandma in my head thinking horrible thoughts and then discovering this. LOL.
OMG Wasn't the backpack making a noise? LOL
I can't believe he stole a baby penguin. I want to know what the zoo said. LOL
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Omgoodness! That totally sounds like something my son would do!
Really? For real??? That's hilarious! I have no clue why the penguin didn't make any noise!
That is PRICELESS!! How the heck did the penguin not make noise being stuffed in a backpack?
That's cute. Suckered Grandma from the git-go. Those chitlins! But smells fishy to me. I'd have thought the smell would have knocked her over. No?
KJ
Wow! Amazingly cute Julia;)
That is hysterical! If I was the mom I wouldn't have returned the penguin, I just heart them! *insert devilish grin here*
That is so funny! My son once "went fishing" in my aquarium when he was about 4. But actually catching a wild animal...now that's something. New here so hi from one Julie to another.
@ won...LOL! That is hysterical!
Next time he goes can they ask him if he can pick me up a baboon? I've always wanted a baboon.
That is amazing. That story should make the papers. And that kid has a big future as a jewel thief ahead of him. LOL!!!
This story never gets old :)
Oh, and since the kiddo in question is older now and is able to move on to better things... could you put in a request for me? After he gets Soxy Deb's baboon, could he fetch me a giraffe? :)
Ha--that's hysterical!
Ummm...I'd like an elephant. Don't know how I'll feed it, but maybe he can help me figure that out as well. hahahaha
That is easily the funniest post I have ever read in my entire life. That one goes down in the history books!
Of all the things that could have happened, they were probably glad it turned out like that! But I bet that hated making that phone call.
I have heard this story somewhere before....
Cheri
@Cheri...Yeah, from me. I posted it on the Six Degrees board awhile back. It's Elizabeth's friend's story...
no way!
too funny!
Post a Comment