1. Was out of the office all day yesterday being The Grinch Who Uninstalled Christmas. (We do Xmas decorating at client's houses and I ended up having to take one down yesterday) It was the biggest freaking tree, like 14', with at least 200 ornaments on it. Undecorating was literally an 8 hour job. A job which my back did NOT appreciate. Needless to say, I went right home, had a Vicodin/Muscle Relaxer cocktail and spend the evening on the couch with the heating pad.
2. Thanks for the support on my nonsmoking kick. I haven't had a cigarette since Monday night, when I smoked my last one during the final minute of the Buckeye game. I couldn't help it, the stress got to me! But it was the last one in the hidden pack in the freezer, so there are no cigs left in my house nor will I buy any more. I've quit smoking before, so I know I can do it again. I smoked from age 15 to 25, quit for 6 years and then started up again after Jordan was born. I quit again when he was about 8 and started learning about cigarettes in school and came home one day and told me I was doing drugs and needed to stop! So I did...for another 7 years. Then I started going through my divorce and picked up the smoking habit again, when I'd be awake at 4am, sitting on the front porch rocking and drinking coffee and wondering what hotel room my husband was shacked up in at the time. So, now that all that trauma is finally behind me, it's time to quit again.
3. That being said, I'm not going to swear I will never smoke again. I can guarantee you that some day, when I'm out with the girls and we've got our drink on, I'm going to want a cigarette. And I'm okay with that. One or two on the rare occasion I go out partying is acceptable. Daily smoking is not.
4. I laughed at the comments about cutting a straw to cigarette size. We used to do that to my Dad when he first went into the nursing home with Alzheimer's. He had smoked for something like 60 years at that point, and he was constantly asking for a cigarette, so we would cut straws that size and give him one, and he's smoke it just like it was the real thing. And bless his heart, he never realized it wasn't a cigarette.
5. I'm sorry I'm not keeping up with everyone's blog posts right now, this has been a crazy week for me. But I will catch up and comment this weekend, so bear with me!!!!
Gotta run, have a great Friday and for those of us in Ohio expecting 5-8" of snow tonight...be safe!!!!!!!!!
14 comments:
Yay for you!!!!! I'm proud of you for going since Monday night! LOL @ the straws :)
I hope that your back is feeling better. No fun :(
Happy weekend!!!
YAY on being off cigs since Monday!!!!
Can't wait for the snow!!! :-)
The title of this post sums up some of the days I've been having recently. Thanks for the perspective.
Good for you!! I quit last year and it was really tough for the first 6 months or so. Now I don't even think of them anymore unless I've had A LOT to drink.
I'm so proud of you so stick to it!! You'll be glad you did.
Since Monday, eh?
Not bad!
Wow Jules! I didn't realize you've been almost a whole week without. That's awesome. Keep it up.
I wish I would have gotten some snow here. But it's not gonna happen. Take some pics for me would ya? :)
Julie...Good Job!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Aching backs are no fun. I live with one. Take care.
By the way, our tree is still up...
wow...14 feet tall. yuck. I think I would have to be sick that day! And good luck on the smokin' thing.
Congrats. That is great news! I am sure it is not easy....my son smokes and I beg him to stop, but he just looks at me like I am speaking a different language. I hope he gets to the point that he will give it up one day.
If I were in Ohio, I would give you a back rub as reward for not smoking.
I'm nice like that;)
Woo-hoo! I hope you stay smoke-free through the weekend. Baby steps, right? :)
FUNNY story about your father! Love it!
I am so impressed with your tree-taking-down-expertise that you have been chosen to come to my house next year. Get unsore and have a super weekend!
Post a Comment