Anyway...that's not the point of the blog. Here's the point:
A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and HMO paperwork and was burned out.
Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to become a mechanic.
He went to the local technical college, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could.
When the time for the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks and completed the exam with tremendous skill.
When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%.
Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade."
The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark.
"You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."
After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did it all through the muffler, which I've never seen done in my entire career."
Thanks, Sandi. I don't know how in the hell you even find time to read this stuff, let alone forward it to me, but I appreciate the laughs!!!!
I promise, I will get back to more personalized blogs, and less joke'y ones, as soon as I get the year closed and stuff to the accountants. Right now I'm too busy at work to be creative or funny.
Wait, I am actually creative and funny when I'm not busy, right?
Oh, by the way, my son got home from Chicago safely yesterday. His flight was delayed two hours but he managed to get home after all. I was surprised, with all the ice and snow I figured he'd be stranded another day. I'm sure he'd have *hated* that. LOL
12 comments:
So glad Jordan is home safe and sound.
Glad he's home! No matter how old, he's still your baby!
Yay!
And yes, your posts are always entertaining.
Hahaha!! Through the muffler!! Get it?? Hahaha - Muff-ler - hahaa!!
Sorry, silly side kicked in.
Glad Jordan's home!!
California is very warm Jules and there is a home for sale right down the street.
Or, I could dump Mr. J and we could shack up;)
Happy Jordan is home safe.
I'm glad that your baby made it back safely. I'm sure he had a wonderful time.
As for me, I'm with Travel Girl, you should move to California. She's not too far from where I live and it's warm here most of the time!!
Glad he made it home safe and sound!
And yes, you ARE normally creative AND funny. That's what I love about this blog and why I come back!
Glad Jordan is home!
Trying to set a comment whore record today instead of scrubbing toilets.
Great post! Glad your son is home safe and sound!
Funny joke!
Yea that Jordan is home.
Yes, you are creative and funny.
Too funny. Glad your baby is home. And yes maybe thinking of some long term plans is a great idea. You are really clever, and witty and creative. The world needs more people like you out there.
julie...hooray! You survived a huge step in being the mom of an adult! Good job!
~AM
Post a Comment