Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's not only a historical day, but a birthday as well!

It is a day, like many before us, where someday, somebody will say "Where were you the day Obama took office?" I know where I was the morning of September 11th, I know where I was the minute news broke that the Challenger had exploded, I know where I was the moment I heard John Kennedy Jr's plane went down, I know where I was when a jury made the mistake of pronouncing OJ "not guilty", and I will always know where I was and what I was doing on January 20, 2009.

I am taking the rest of the day off from blogging to listen/watch the Inauguration events today. I will either have a TV at work, or be tuned in via the Internet all day long.

I'll be back tomorrow when President Obama begins his first full day in office!

Oh, and by the way...it's my BFF Elizabeth's birthday today. She doesn't have a blog of her own for me to send you to for birthday comments, but she does manage to read my blog so feel free to leave them for her on mine. Just to let you know more about her, you can read about her HERE and HERE TOO.

How special is she that she gets a new President for her birthday?????? She *always* gets the good men. LOL Happy birthday, babe! Love you!

16 comments:

Megryansmom said...

There's an inauguration today? Hmmm I hadn't heard.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Elizabeth!!! We need to do dinner with Julie to celebrate.

Such an emotional day today. I have to admit Obama was the first president that I ever voted for on the democratic side. I made the change for the better!

jill jill bo bill said...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! I didn't vote for him, but I too will be watching history.

Unknown said...

Julie...please pass along birthday wishes to Elizabeth!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!!

Kim said...

I am so looking forward to NOON today. It will be official.

Happy b-day Elizabeth!

travel girl said...

Girl, I'm already glued!!

Me said...

Obama is the only Democrat that I have ever voted for and I was lucky enough to have that honor twice in my life--once for President and once for Senate.

Change is here!!!

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth... and Happy Inauguration for the rest of us :)

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

What a great date in history to celebrate your birthday!! It's one heckuva birthday you hopefully will always remember. Enjoy your special day!

Woop woop, happy Inaguration!!!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!

Robynbeth said...

Today is my daddy's 7oth birthday, and I keep thinking of the significance of it all. Today is amazing on some many levels, and I am home on a snow day with both babies watching it all unfold. Thankful we can be together on this day of change and hopefully the first step toward a better tomorrow.
Happy birthday to Elizabeth!

Julie D said...

Alright, yes I cried. When he was in that hallway, walking alone towards the inauguration, all I could think was "What is going through his mind right now? How he is walking toward the biggest life changing event he will ever know? Is he worried about someone out there with a gun?"

And that's when I started crying. LOL I'm that much of a sap. And I applauded when he took the oath and gave his speech. Geesh.

Anonymous said...

Today is ALSO my anniversary! YAY!

Lilly said...

What a momentous day, truly wonderful. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Dr. Penny said...

I cried, too. Sobbed, in fact. And prayed, which I am sure is what he was doing as he walked through the crypt. It's one thing to campaign, another to take the position. Now the work begins, and as long as he stays away from socialism, I will continue to support, pray, and have faith that everything is perfect, even though I didn't campaign or vote for him.