How many of you belong to a message board of some sort, and actively post on it? Boards like that are a great way to meet and get to know other people, especially if they have a common theme or interest. For example, I belong to The Nest, which is the board all us married women went to after our weddings (we all met on The Knot). There are a few of us who have since divorced but still remain active on the board.
So here's the thing. I own a message board called Six Degrees. Basically, it's just the premise that we're all related somehow right? Friends of friends, family, you name it. My board was an offshoot of one that dealt with the Sweet Potato Queens a few years ago, but when I started my own I didn't focus it on the SPQ's, and just opened it up to women who wanted to talk to other women about the same things we all deal with...husbands, kids, in-laws, weight, exercise, lack of sex (nobody ever bitches about having too much sex, trust me!), and everything else you can imagine.
Since I started my blog, I've been really lax about my own damn board, and today I was thinking about disbanding it. Then I realized...
I have tons of female readers, we all have the aforementioned crap in common, so why not have a place we can all talk at once? Or whenever we want to? It's sure a heck of a lot easier than trying to communicate back and forth between comments on each other's blogs!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...let me invite you to the Six Degrees Board. Click on that link, register and come in and post. Let's see if we can't get a really fun place created for all of us women to talk! I'll approve you as soon as I get your request to join....so c'mon, let's get started! No topic is off limits, and it's private except for members so your husband's ex-wife's cousin can't stalk you there!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and guys, I'm not trying to discriminate here...you're welcome to join the board as well. I just don't envision a lot of discussions you'd be interested in but you never know!!!
18 comments:
I have never tried one of these, but you all know I have oodles to say. I will try it.
When I click the link, I get 'Samurai of Legend.com'. If you didn't want me to join, you just had to say so. Geez.
LOL @ Diane...
Was the Samurai naked by chance?
OK I went on and registered. No what? Will there be alcohol there? Just wonderin.
Done.....waht now???
After I approve you, when you log in you'll see a main page that lists the forums (or I like to think of them as "rooms") on it.
Front & Center is the main area where people talk. There is also a section for Food/Recipes, and Fun Pictures/Avatars, etc.
Click on Front & Center, and it will take you to a new page with different topics. Click on a topic to open it and see what's being said. At the top or the bottom of that, you'll see "Add Reply" which is just what it sounds like, you are replying to something in that particular thread. Or you can hit "New Topic" and create a new topic of your own. I think "New Poll" is there as well...if you are feeling really creative and want to take a poll on something!!!
When you hit Add Reply, there are tons of emoticons on the left that you can add to your post. Feel free to start posts about any subject you want...nothing is off limits here! And you can cuss like a sailor...
Email me with any other questions!
Message boards are great !! I belong to a caregiver forum for parkinsons disease. It is wonderful. There are so many like me who understand what I go through on a daily basis. I will def go to your site after dinner tonight.
#1
I used to belonged to a forum a few years ago.
I will definitely sign up Julie. They are better for conversations etc. I am interested in the parkinsons forum too that holy crappers mentioned as I care for my sister (part-time) who has it as well (at a way too young age).
I'm so there but I have to register tomorrow afternoon. I'm at work right now :(
I belong to a couple - one health related and one travel related...i ahve met tons of the people on the health board...a bunch of us went camping one summer...I jsut join anything else right now, but I BET there is some overlap somewhere...i have cousins in Columbus.......
I joined (I think) under the name, Simone. But, I can't seem to get in. I get an error. I'll see if I can get in once I'm at home! Thanks for the invite. I am a part of 4 message boards...for various reasons...dogs, writers, etc.
Glad you have a place to talk. UMMM... I think I'll pass on the invitation, LOL.
Oh cool...i am sooo in! I hope the name georgie is still open!
okay i registered...got this message ' Thank you georgie. Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration.'
so guess I'm in like flynn when you approve me lol
I will click, but you know how dumb I am when it comes to anything techy. And don't sit me next to Deb. She always gets me in trouble.
I guess I better set a larger table.
Cassie
Thanks to all who have registered so far! We'll have lot of fun on the board!!!!
Yeah Julie-I will be sure to be getting back on there!!
Post a Comment