Sunday, January 25, 2009

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled.

I am in no state of mind to blog. I've been up since 4:15, and I'm just having a tough day. (Shit, it's 5:45am and a bad day already? This does NOT bode well for the prospect of a good Sunday, does it?)

Is it hormonal? Am I depressed? I don't know. I cried for an hour until I could no longer breathe in a horizontal position and had to get out of bed.

Nothing bad has happened. I think I'm just stressed from working a lot, I'm adjusting to my day to day, hands on job as a Mom being over and my baby adult child no longer needing me, and frankly, I'm really lonely. I hate being almost 48 years old and single. I need companionship, and not the kind that you get from girlfriends either. I have plenty of friends and family who love me. I just miss being in love, and having someone love me back. I don't mind being alone, but damn I am lonely.

Jordan is having a great time in Chicago. He started a blog of his own (the apple doesn't fall far from this tree, eh?) so click HERE to read it. I'm his first follower...go figure.

OK kids, I'm going to go drink some coffee, read the paper, and try to get my shit together. This day HAS to get better.

*********************

OK you have to look at THIS. It's Jordan's MySpace page. Look at this collage of pictures of him and his girlfriend Stephanie. They've basically been best friends for several years now, so the first 4 pictures are ones of them as friends over that time period, the 5th picture is from Prom last May, when I think they started thinking maybe they were more than friends, and then a current one of them as boyfriend/girlfriend. What I love about this, is the quote underneath, which if you don't recognize it, it's from the end of When Harry Met Sally, when Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal are talking about their relationship and how they ended up married. It's one of my favorite all time movies, and I had no idea it was on Jordan's page until now. It describes him and Steph perfectly. Dammit, I'm crying again! LOL....but at least it's happy crying because it makes me happy to see my son this way.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

(((HUGGERS))) Julie...off to check both linky loos

won said...

Wooo hooo!!!!

I read the title, thought it was a marvelous idea. As you can imagine, I am right there with you in wanting to cancel this day!

And yes, you were up entirely too early (I think getting up at that time on a Sunday is illegal).

Thanks for offering the card. I'll send you my snail mail address. Much appreciated.

Hope your day improves....

Diane said...

I feel your lonely pain :(

You baby boy is a doll!

Robynbeth said...

I need to repeat a comment from here and say yes, I feel your lonely pain as well. My life is full and busy, but when the kids aren't here, I am lost. Last Saturday I didn't have plans, and it was horrible. I did the whold Bridget Jones thing and sang "All By Myself...don't want to be...".
(((Julie)))
Get some rest and hopefully your day will get brighter and brighter.

Anonymous said...

Big hugs-hope your day gets better and Jordan will be fine and will be happy to return home to his momma!!
love ya-M

Sandi said...

I am may have to email what i want to say, I don't want to take up the entire comment section.

Being lonely SUCKS! Being SAD SUCKS! I am going to go get ready for the day and give pickle a hair-do and then I will send you an email.

Anonymous said...

Cheer up !! Go shopping, out to lunch , have a drink.

Feel better yet?

#1

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm inspired by his maturity and level headedness. Surely, he got that from you!!!

He is going to go far because of the love and support of you, and the great choices that he's making.

I loved the pictures of him and his girlfriend. They truly are off to a wonderful start and who knows...maybe one day, you'll be crying at their wedding.

By the way, how's the not smoking going???

Linda S said...

I feel ya! take care...

Unknown said...

julie...here it is 5:15pm and hopefully your day has improved over the past 12 hours. I'm off to check out the links.
I'm sorry you are in a funk, I am hoping you climb out of it soon. I am only an e-mail away~

~AM

Lilly said...

I hope you are feeling better today Julie. Yep, I have felt exactly those things too. Have a good cry and let it out. As you say, its probably all that working and no play time. You have every right to be so proud of Jordan and I love a kid that can speak so highly of his fmaily on his myspace page - says a lot about his maturity. Congratulations Mom!!!

travel girl said...

**HUGS** to you my dear blogging friend whom I've never met yet feel closer to then some friends I've known for years.

I know us girls are not the same and I know that lonely feeling. Hang in there beautiful woman!!!

Anonymous said...

Hugs girlie. I know it hurts sometimes. Being lonely sucks. Wish I could make it all better for you.

So glad I got to see you Sat night though. Always love hanging with you.

And that kid of yours...gotta love him. He's a good kid, with a great mom, and a cute looking girlfriend. He's gonna change the world!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Damn! I just left a long comment and somehow it got lost. I hate it when that happens.

Bottom line: We're conditioned to believe we should be able to "make it on our own" like Mary Tyler Moore, but the reality is, life is richer when we have someone to share it with.

The universe hates a vacuum, so we're told, and now that you've done a fantastic job raising your son, there's a void that will be filled. I know the feminists would say we shouldn't expect men to fill a void in our lives, but fuck that.

Oh, and by "void," I also mean "vagina."

Alyssa said...

It sucks to have the day down the tubes before the sun even comes up. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You can't cancel days! You're tired. You get this way when you are tired. Stope drinking damn coffee and making it worse. You can't bitch if you are going to purposely do shit you know you shouldn't. You're not a victim, you are a creator. Go create.

Penny