Wow, I couldn't let two whole days go by without a blog. Thanks to those who checked up on me to make sure I was okay! LOL
Busy weekend....Christmas party for work on Friday night, lots of fun. Went to my Mom's Christmas party at the nursing home yesterday, she got a nice gift from Santa and I'll post a picture later. Spent the afternoon decorating iced sugar cookies with my sister and niece, and had a quiet evening at home. Today just basically did my Xmas shopping (yeah, I always wait til the last minute, I did NOT get the female shopping gene at all. I avoid malls like the plague!) and saw the movie "Seven Pounds". It was...different. Haven't decided if I liked it or not!
Got myself a new Coach purse with part of my Christmas bonus! Yes Danica, I will post a picture of that tomorrow as well!
Oh, and Saturday I got a surprise in the mail from a dear friend. Have I mentioned how much I love surprises? Especially those that brighten up what has been a really tough time of year for me since my sister died. Thanks for being my "stand in sister"...and lots of love right back at ya, baby.
And now, it's 9 degrees here in wonderful Ohio so I'm curled up in my sweats, on the couch with the furnace cranked and a cup of hot cocoa
How's your weekend been?
11 comments:
cant wait to see the pix...I will be around reading just not posting...less stress lets see if I can do it...doncha just love how i turned this comment into a thing about me...sowwy it's a flaw i am workin on
Merry Christmas Julie big hugs-stay warm it is colder than a witches tit or however you say that phrase...forgive me cuz im the baby
julie...sounds as though you have had a really nice weekend! Can't wait to see the pics of the gifts and perhaps a picture of your mom? I, too lack the shopping gene...but somehow passed it on to both of my daughters! They know I will go Black Friday shopping...but that is it for the year!
I spent the weekend recovering from babysitting my two grandgirls for two full days (and a night)with two little ladies under the age of 3! I was able to finally decorate my house and Christmas tree, wrote Christmas cards, washed clothes...I think that is about it.
Make it a good week!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Congrats on the new bag and the holiday cheer. My baby girl and I are drinking eggnog and watching Christmas romance movies. We had the infamous family party, and tonight was their Christmas play. A fun time was had by all.
I almost moved to your town last year, but I wasn't warm blooded enough. My ex, A., lives there.
oooh...i heart the starter wife!! i suppose coach purses are alright too ;)
Brrrr...Jules, it's way too cold there!!! But, you have the right idea to snuggle up with some hot cocoa.
Can't wait to see the pictures!! Sounds like the weekend was busy but good for you. I did the same thing you did which was to spend a little time shopping...not much though.
I also spent a few hours with the ex yesterday. I'll have to tell you about it..interesting.
Blankets of snow still cover the ground where I work. Crazy!
Glad you had a good weekend!
OOOH which one did you get??
LW and I went and saw Seven Pounds on Sat. I liked Will Smith's acting, but the movie was just depressing. So raw.
I would pay for 9 degrees--it is -3 with a windchill of -20 ish. So you know if that is here in Chicago it is coming your way. I hope that it misses you because it sucks!!!
I wondered where you were. Glad you had some fun. I could use some...
dont forget windchill--- -13!!
sounds about like my weekend as well, including the cocoa :)
I wanna see pix of the purse!
Congratulations!
hugs to you this Christmas season.
Post a Comment