Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Neck Update

Paid visits to my chiropractor last night and this afternoon. He adjusted me, did electric stim therapy, and pronounced my neck "fucked up". LOL..he's a cool doctor.

Took x-rays today as my last ones were from 2004, and I have a bone spur that's developed and one disk that is slightly degenerating. You could see my neck clearly leans to the left. It was weird! So, no more talking on the phone and trapping it between my shoulder and ear, no more sitting weird at the computer, no more sleeping on 30 year old pillows (But I LOVE LOVE LOVE my old thin raggedy pillows! They bunch up under my head perfectly!). Time to get one of those therapeutic pillows to sleep on at night.

Sigh.

Getting old sucks. But...it beats the alternative I guess.

11 comments:

Debz said...

Oh man! I have one of those pillows and I don't like it. It's too hard to me. I have neck and back pain all the time but after spending a small fortune at PT, Chiros and injections at the Pain Management clinic - I gave up. I will just live with it.
Like you said, it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Megryansmom said...

I tried that pillow too, it sucked. Just get a nice plump one form JC Penneys and take drugs for pain.

BBB said...

I'm telling ya - i wasn't excited about the prospect of that pillow either.. until it WORKED and my NECK stopped hurting PERIOD... It's a goofy looking thing but I adore it.

Lilly said...

I had no luck with those pillows either - Hot Tub Lizzy, what kind did you get that worked?

Anyway Julie its a good thing that you found out whats going on. As for getting old I would hate to look at what my whole body looks like in Xray - just remember you ahve another 30 years or so left (what a ray of sunshine I am).

jill jill bo bill said...

So glad there is a diagnosis. Now we all know you aren't faking for a body massage!! heh heh. So what are the plans beside the new pillow?

Anonymous said...

I have one of those memory foam pillows and love love love LOVE it.

I got it from my ex-husband like 5 years ago for xmas and I STILL sleep with it.

Hope your neck gets better. Maybe you can start leaning to the right in hopes of a counter balance LOL!

travel girl said...

Poor girl!
Can he fix you?

You are not old! You are Fabulous!

Me said...

Hated that pillow!!

Love the old pillows too!!

Unknown said...

julie...growing old is not for wimps!
I do hope you feel better soon!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

That Janie Girl said...

Glad you found the problem...and I hope the pillow works awesomely!

Anonymous said...

sorry about your neck. do whatever you have to do to make it better! i can understand as i have a kink in my back that does not relent, so i may have to be paying a trip to the doctor for it.