Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thousand Words Thursday

I think this is self explanatory, don't you?



My neck IS better. Three visits to the chiro, three rounds of therapy, several pain pills and muscle relaxers, and 6 days later...and I'm back at least 90%! Still some stiffness and soreness but at least I can spin my head around on my shoulders again in my best Exorcist impression. That's always a plus when dealing with the masses at the mall. You'd be amazed how quickly the crowds at the register vanish and you can check out. I'm just sayin.

How can it be two weeks before Christmas? Seriously? Fortunately this year, my family has decided to "adopt a family" rather than exchange gifts among ourselves. We have found a family in which the mother has terminal cancer, and she has 5 children, and believe me they are living at poverty level. We have gotten coats for the kids, some toys and games, some food, and I believe had a nice chunk of money left over for a gift card to WalMart so that she can get whatever else she needs in the form of groceries or material things.

So the only person I'm actually buying for is my son. And he only wants one thing. I may be selling my body to get it but it's going to be his Christmas, 18th birthday (which is two days after Christmas) and graduation (he's out of school as of January 14th) gift. (OK yeah, I am also getting him a tattoo for his birthday but that doesn't count. LOL) He wants a Macbook laptop.

I want a sugar daddy.

14 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you're feeling at least 90% better!! And I'm loving the pic! :)

What a wonderful way to celebrate by giving to others. And you are an AWESOME mom...a macbook pro!?!

Sandi said...

He will forever love you, that lucky lucky boy of yours!

jill jill bo bill said...

I think spleens are fetching a pretty penny this time of year. So glad you are better.

SS+1 said...

I want a sugar daddy TOO!!! :)

Debz said...

Jillie took mine!! I was gonna say you could always hit the black market for a quick and easy kidney removal.

Glad the pain in your neck is better. Just in time for the weekend!!!

Lost Soul said...

Glad you're feeling better and adopting a family is a great idea. i'm kind of doing that in a round about way...

Lost Soul said...

Hey who won the contest anyway? I want my sexual favor... ROFLMAO...

Unknown said...

YAY your feelin better Julie thats great...
That is so wonderful about adopting a family...

Treasia Stepp said...

Glad to hear your feeling better in the neck dept.

What a great way to do something nice for another family. That's awesome.

If nothing else works rent your son a laptop. God it'll cost you in the long run, but he would be ever so happy.

Anonymous said...

Spin your head around like the Exorcist?! LOL you are too fricken funny! Love it.

That is so cool that you "adopted a family". How does one go about doing that? When my kids are a little older I would LOVE to do that.

travel girl said...

So, So glad you are feeling better.
But watch that head spinning. You may end up in traction.

Merry Christmas to Jordan. You have a fabulous son so he so deserves it!

I'll be looking for your present baby;)

BBB said...

I'm glad you're feeling better....


And what a wonderful gift...

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

I want to know who won the contest too. Good thing your neck is better if the prize was a sexual favor :)

I love the picture!

Robynbeth said...

Glad you are feeling better, and I love what you are doing for that family.

Now, when you find your sugar daddy, make sure he has a brother that is comfortable and not afraid of mice. I need something under my tree this year.