Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Rewind

In light of my current pain in the neck (yes, it's still here...no change from yesterday even though I tried most of your suggestions!), I thought I'd make my Sunday Rewind post the one from July 30th when I had this same problem.

Rinse, lather, repeat. Here you go.

Pain in the neck.

Yep, I've got one.

I've either been sleeping weird for several weeks now, or it's just my usual "compensating for my back hurting by walking/standing/sitting funny", but I've got the stiffest, sorest neck in town. I went to the chiropractor today and he could barely get it to adjust. My chiropractor knows me too well...

So have you been doing that "wild sex with hair pulling" thing again??

Um. No. Dammit. Just crack me and stop talking about the good old days. At this point I haven't had sex in so long I forget who gets tied up.

(For the record, he used to treat my ex as well, and it was a running joke when we'd both have to go in to see him that it was a result of bedroom gymnastics!) (Which, I can assure you, it NEVER was!)

I know I sit weird at work. My keyboard is too far away (I type with my arms extended), my eyes look down towards my monitor, and I know I slump in my chair. I need to rearrange things on my desk to make it more ergonomic friendly. And I really need my neck muscles to loosen up. I feel like someone has their hands wrapped around my throat right now. (And no, Dr. Wade, that's not a "wild sex with choking" thing either!)

And then I drive with my right arm resting on the little box storage thing between the seats, and my left hand on top of the wheel, while I'm leaning towards the right. Evidently I think I'm cool. Or pimp. If I had some rap blaring from the radio it would complete my look. (Go ahead, laugh at the visual. I am.)

And of course, I sleep in odd positions these days. It's funny, I slept alone basically for 40 years before I met my ex-husband, (ok well, let's just say I didn't have a lot of long term bed mates...but there were a few spending the night here and there! LOL!) and it took me a little while to get adjusted to having a partner in bed with me every single night. Then after our divorce, it took me a long time to readjust to sleeping alone again after 4 years. (2 married, 2 dating) You would think it would have been pretty easy to fall back into sleeping by myself, but it really wasn't. Sometimes it still isn't. Sometimes I still prop a pillow behind my back when I'm laying on my side because it feels like he's curled up behind me. (Wow, that just sounded really pathetic but I'm leaving in there anyway because it's the truth!) Regardless, a lot of times I have to put a pillow between my knees, or if I happen to be laying on my back (which I don't often do not only because it hurts, but because I snore and keep myself awake!) I put one under my knees, which somehow ends up making my neck hurt.

And I wonder why I can't sit comfortably for a 2 hour movie at the theater anymore? Christ, if anything more starts to hurt, I'm going to end up being held together with duct tape and spackle.

In other news...

Hell, who am I kidding? I haven't got any other news. My life is all glamour, isn't it?

Enjoy your Sunday! We got 2" of snow yesterday so I'm not going to do much besides hang out with the ice pack and try to get rid of this annoying pain in the neck!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

well mr gp would tell you he knows just how to work the kinks out for ya...BUt I never shared well ;-)

Hope it gets better soon

Lost Soul said...

A bottle of wine and a nice massage will do the trick...

Megryansmom said...

Hey! Good Sunday morning to you. Hope your pain in the neck goes away soon. Mine is sitting across from me as I type (snort) sorry bad joke, couldn't help myself.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Sorry bout the pain in the neck...we just can't bend and twist like we used to. I get a tweaked neck from just changing lanes when driving! :)

Take plenty of Motrin and enjoy snow! (Even though this post was a rewind...is there snow?)

travel girl said...

I LOVED this post when I read it the first time;)

Hang in there Jules and take Vinnie up on his offer!

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. I have had a migraine since last Wednesday. Mostly pain in my neck and left shoulder blade. Tomorrow I get pain injections in those spots. Wish me luck.

KJ
www.nanadiaries.com

Unknown said...

julie...I do hope you feel better!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Lilly said...

You are a great writer! A great post except for the fact you are in pain. Perhaps Vinnie is right - some relaxation is called for.

jill jill bo bill said...

LMAO at Georgie. Get some Soma. It's a prescription muscle relaxer. May not cure it, but at east you won't care. It's WONDERFUL!!!!!

That Janie Girl said...

Hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I think you have JDS. Jesse deficiency syndrome.

Debz said...

I would stick to the ice and not the heat. Although the heat feels fantabulous, the ice is what will help the inflammation around the nerve. 20 minute sessions, every hour. Or if your back at work, then just ice whenever its feasible.
I hate your still suffering. That really is a horrible pain to have. Makes everything else hurt too.