Monday, December 8, 2008

Pain hostage...day three.

OK seriously, I'm over this. NOTHING is helping the freaking neck/shoulder bullshit. Looks like a call to my chiropractor is in order today. Especially because I'm back at work, and can't be popping pills and chasing them with vodka. (Which makes me talk in my best Karen Walker voice!)

Went to see "Milk" yesterday. It's a fabulous movie. Ironically, directly in front of me sat a local TV newscaster who I had NO IDEA was gay. However, in light of the fact that he was sitting there holding another guy's hand...leads me to believe it's so.

Got my Xmas shopping done for my SSS partner, and will get that in the mail tomorrow, Georgie!!!

Let's see...what else. How about my question of the day? It's a follow up to the last one a few weeks ago...

If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward remember nothing of the experience, would you do so? If not, then why not?

19 comments:

Unknown said...

julie...no doubt it is time to go to plan b for your neck pain!
As for the QOD...heck yeah- I'm over 50 and can't remember dinner last night-give me a year of bliss, I'll take it. Besides, I own a lifetime of good memories, one year without new memories won't make a huge difference!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

travel girl said...

Oh Jules so sucks about your neck!
Hope your chiropractor works it out.

I want to see Milk too but felt like shit this weekend so I laid low.

Debz said...

I would definitely live the 12 months in perfect happiness. I would never pass up a chance at perfect happiness. What is perfect happiness by the way?

Unknown said...

wow still got a pain in da neck...that so sux...

TY for lettin me know about the sss lol

Megryansmom said...

QOD question Would I be skinny? Would there be great sex?

Linda S said...

Sorry about the neck...what a pain...mine's been cracking for days...

Anonymous said...

So I take it they didn't have the typical "gay seat". You know how most men at the movies are SO homophobic they have to have one empty seat between them? LOL!!

My answer to your question is no. I'd want to remember it. Now if I knew the people AROUND me would live in happiness then yes, but me, eh I don't care.

In fact, if I could spend a year being tortured but not remember it (as long as it would have a positive outcome in some way for others0 I'd go for that.

Lost Soul said...

God you're really, really making me wish I lived closer, lol. ;-)

That Janie Girl said...

Girl. I hope your chiropractor does the good stuff!

Get to feeling better!

won said...

"If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward remember nothing of the experience, would you do so?"

Hell yes! I have a hard time remembering last week as it is. So, why live in the hell I am and have sketchy memories, when I could live in perfect happiness? Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

Ah boo I hope you feel better.

As for the QOD - no doubt it would be a yes. Like others I can't remember what happened yesterday!

jill jill bo bill said...

Did you get Soma?
OOD: That is different from any other day how? I can't remember shit. I go to the same restaurant and order the same yuckky dish and after the first bite remember that I have already done this twice. I scare myself.

Ya know stress can effect the way your neck and shoulders feel. Did you try the massage therapist?

Anonymous said...

When you see the chiropractor make sure you insist on the happy ending....Neck problems will be forgotten

Hope you feel better soon!!


"E"

SS+1 said...

I don't think I would do it...if you aren't going to remember it, it seems more like a waste of a year than anything productive (at least to me...).

Hope your neck feels better sooner than later!!

Kim and Dave said...

Screw the neck/back thing...I want to hear about the gay newscaster! I have my suspicions.

Okay, sorry. I really am concerned about your back.

Lilly said...

You now need some medical intervention. I speak from experience because I didnt do it and the pain gets worse not better. Oh yes full of good news arent I? I would take a year definitely.

Anonymous said...

I agree your neck will get better but who is gay???? and exactly what is "Milk" I thought it was the yellow/white chunky stuff in my fridge that I feed to my cat?

Really I hope your neck is better.

Cheri

BBB said...

I hope I don't sound like a busy body, and if you already have one then just shut me up, but I was having MAJOR neck problems, and my massage guy said to try one of those contour pillows.

haven't been back to the massage guy since. Worked like a CHARM!!!

Allison said...

lol Ditto, Kim! I want more about the newscaster!