Sunday, November 9, 2008

Possibility #1 Part 2

OK, so he responded to my response:

hi Julie,

Just got up and nice to find your email. I like questions, give fuel for conversations.

Ok..first...I will make you matzah ball soup one day, if you like. It's just chicken soup with these soft doughy things that are round and easy to make in it. It's not an issue that you have experienced it, just as I hope that I can make it isn't one.

Wow...a hemi...nice. Yes, GT Mustangs have a 4.6 V8 engine. So it's got some get up and go. Many moons ago I had a 68 GTO, now that car had real varooming power...a 6.5 liter engine. Where do I drive a little fast?..too many places..lol. Knock on Wood..no tickets in over 10 years. Course I've been stopped in my other car a Suzuki Aerio SX. Still no tickets. It's only got a little 4 cylinder, but hits 95 pretty easy and hugs the road at 30 MPG..lol. That's my work car for my traveling sales job. I sell sports equipment and uniforms for teams to retailers.

BB is a nickname given to me by my brother, when I came home from the hospital. He couldn't say "baby." Corny huh? When spelling my nickname for friends in H/S, I just wrote BB. I use it for business. Real name is Irving. I think I have finally grown into that name at my age now.

Gee Real Estate. I have my RE license too. It's been held by the Commerce Div for over 4 years now, as I don't practice. As a matter of fact, I am supposed to have 30 hours of CE by the middle of next month and have 0. I am planning to just let it lapse. It's a long story, but I went into RE back in 2002, after my divorce. Didn't make any money, so got back into different sales.

I have been divorced for over 6 years, almost 7. Was married for 27 years. Have two boys, 30 and 27, who live out of state.

Today? Watching the game and yard work, if the weather permits. I also need to so some house repairs. I am handy. That's about it


So, here's my bitch for the day. What is it about men on dating sites that NEVER ask questions? For the most part he's never asked a single thing about me. He "loves questions as they give fuel to conversations", but dude...my tank is empty, how 'bout doing a little refueling of your own? I feel like I'm playing the 20 Questions game. I swear, I'm just going to type up a list of things to interrogate with and start posting those as my responses to these guys! I mean, come on...conversation is GIVE AND TAKE. You ask, I answer. I ask, you answer. You ask, I answer. I ask, you answer. We establish common things to talk about. This should not be that freaking difficult!!!!!!

Ugh, and his real name is IRVING? Are you shitting me? :::losing interest::: (yes, I am *that* shallow!) If I actually go out with this man, he will never be anything but BB. I do not see me moaning "Oh, Irving! Harder! Harder!" during the heat of passion.

I responded to this email yesterday early afternoon and he hasn't written back, so that's where we stand for now!

16 comments:

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Oh, sister, you are so much like me! I have to roll the name around my tongue to see if I like it enough. Well, this one guy who was steamy and hot....his name was Clarence. I just couldn't bring myself to even come out with the name, Clarence and make it sound sexy and alluring. So, I called him CJ. His last name ended with a J so it worked. I think others called him that as well. When he called though, he never referred to himself as CJ, always, "This is Clarence". Irving...you can call him "Magic" (After Irving Magic Johnson).

Also, the not asking questions, that was a turn off for me. The reason being, if they are that interest in a friendship, they should want to know more about who you are....what type of likes, dislikes, emotions, etc. If not, is he solely going on the questions that you ask him? Plus, it just gives the guy an open forum to talk about himself. Do you truly want to talk cars for the next hour on the phone?

Put him on the maybe list and see if he comes around.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

"Oh! Irving!'
naaaahhhh.....not good.
Woment tend to put a WHOLE lot more effort into the online dating/getting acquainted thing ~ and the RL version too.

Meh. Maybe list?

Debz said...

I can't even talk to you right now. Are you kidding me with the Irving thing?
I completely agree with you on the questions though. This is essentially the equivalent of a date. How can you not ask your date anything? How can there not be questions running through your mind? I don't know. I just don't know.

Julie D said...

@ccdd....exactly! Trust me, if I dated this man, none of you will be invited to IRVING and Julie's wedding. LOL

@deb...exactly! It's not a freaking job interview. I'm not going to hire him, I'm going to potentially date him! Show some interest and ask ME a few things!

Lilly said...

Julie, there is one positive in what he says though he is clearly the honest type. Notice how he doesnt really brag that he made money out of real estate or whatever else he talks about. That is a good sign that he is pretty sure of himself. I could care less about their name - they dont have anything to do with their name after all any more than we do. He obviously doenst like it much either if he is called BB. I am shallow when it ocmes to theri looks though - average is fine actually when I come to think about it.

I dont know, he was married 27 years so he may not know how to communicate that well anymore. Men arent so good at it as we know. But he doesnt sound like an Narcissist to me (I am an expert these days) so I dont know I wouldnt give up on him. Maybe just low lie for a while and see if he comes back with anything. Or maybe say thanks for your email what would you like to know about me?

Does he live close by - the sooner you have coffee with him or whatever the better. I am now officially addicted to your blog and finding out about these guys. I am too gutless to do it myself online - and they sure as hell arent going to walk up to my front door either. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...how do you tag a newborn baby with a name like that?


peace
#2

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and fuck the Matza ball soup!!

#1

jill jill bo bill said...

Hello??? MEN ARE IDIOTS!!! They don't think like we do. And if they did think that maybe they should ask questions they would talk themselves out of it, thinking we might get bent out of shape for them asking too many questions...
I know it seems like a big deal now, but the name thing isn't that big of a deal in the end. My FIL was Dick and he went by a nickname.

He sounds like he is a typical man. I bet in real life he would ask you questions. But I am little miss sunshine and always hope for the best.

Lost Soul said...

Hey, you like what you like, end of story.

Unknown said...

I actually think Irving is a cool name ;-)

Helga Marie Bee said...

Wow. that is a special name... not that I can say much, my parents cursed me with Helga.

You could always write with sarcasm (Oh I am so glad you asked), then share a bunch of useless trivia about your self, as in give him the answers... and make his guess the questions.

IE: Godiva, Gucci, Green, and Gerber. favorite Chocolate, Accessory Brand, Color, and Flower (I stole that from One Tree Hill, but you get the idea)

Other then the inability to inquire about anything, he seems sweet.

G'luck!

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me.. kick him to the curb because of his name??? Granted you have always been a "Mike" girl but who the hell cares what the name is if he's honest, sincere and not bi-polar stalker type material... hang in there go with the flow for a while and don't push the issue

Cheri

Patou said...

This is funny! I've been on a site for a while too. Amazing what some guys think is ok to send!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, Irving! Right there, Irving! Hit it hard, Irving! LOL
tho...

OOOOH BB. That's the stuff, BB. What a nice gun you have, BB. LOL

Being shallow is fun :)

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

laughing at Jenny's comment!

I agree that he needs to ask some questions...men are sometimes tarded!!

travel girl said...

BB could be for bad boy.

You never know;)