
My dogs, keeping warm in front of the space heater. This is how they sit all the time, you'd think their fur would singe sometimes, they are so close!
Went to the hospital last night to see my MIL. That was fun. She was sleeping, and my ex was sitting in the room by himself. I tried to make conversation, and all I got was the one-word answers....
Hi
Hey
How's she doing?
OK
Has she been sleeping long?
No
Is she in a lot of pain?
Yes
How was Vegas?
Good
Are you just going to be an immature, nasty, bitter asshole forever?
(Oh wait, I think I just *thought* that last question. I am pretty sure I didn't say it out loud!!!)
So then, he sat there in the ONLY chair in the room, while I stood in high heels, waiting for his mother to wake up. Never offered me his chair, never asked if he could get me a chair, nothing. What a dickhead.
She finally woke up and I visited with her for just a few minutes before it was time to go (she's in the SICU and visiting hours were over at 8). He said goodbye to her, and stepped away from the bed, so I got up close and kissed her and said I'd be back tomorrow...and turned around and the ex was gone. I walk out into the hall and he's hauling ass as fast as he can to the elevators! OMG, it was hysterical. I have never seen him move that fast except when he was running from his mistress's husband!!!!!!!!!!! He was almost in a full sprint, to get to the elevator and on it before I had the chance to catch up and heaven forbid ride the same car down a floor with him. It honestly made me laugh out loud. What a tool.
Oh, but then, he sat in the parking lot in his truck and watched me drive away. Maybe he was just trying to catch his breath from running.
Too funny.
OK, on to the topic of today's post....it's my question of the day.
Would you accept 20 years of extraordinary happiness and fulfillment if it meant you would die at the end of the period?
Think about that for a minute. I'll let you know my answer later....
20 comments:
In a heartbeat...
Absofreakinlutely.
julie...don't need half a second to think...YES!
As for the ex...love the affirmation why he is the EX!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Nope... in 20 years I will have a 29 year old and a 25 year old... I won't be ready to not be a part of their lives anymore.
And trials and tribulations make us stronger, and make us appreciate the good.
Nope... not gonna take it.
No! The events along the way is what makes the individual. I want it all the good and the bad. I vote for the whole gamit. Give me all of it, I can take it.
Stay strong Julie, your my hero.
"E"
Lizzy I've had enough trials and tribulations to last me a dozen life times...
Give the ex a little break, maybe he's really hurting and doesn't know how to deal with it.
@"E"...right back at ya, babe. We've shared our own personal hell and survived it, in different ways...but survived nonetheless. Clearly, *we* are the strong ones....and that's something to be proud of.
@vinnie...Hurting? If he's hurting, it's self induced. All the shitty things he's done to me...I have no sympathy for the devil.
That's deep.
Nope. I want the opportunity to experience the good and the bad. If it was all good, I would still end up wondering and worrying about how and when it will end.
Plus, what I thought was good for at least 20 of the 21 years of my marriage, I now see wasn't all that good...that there are better things than that to experience and I want that opportunity to have a redo.
Well, I will answer that question by asking another. Do you mean 20 years from now? Or 20 years from birth?
If it's 20 years from right now, yes. I would gladly accept. I have had more than my share of heartache and it would be nice to know that I was going to have 20 years of extraordinary.
I guess the belt buckle wouldn't catch huh? Better luck next time.
My ex is the king of one word answers too. Of course he combines that with the refusal to look me in the eyes which makes it even more enjoyable *eye roll*
Hmmm your question of the day is interesting. I see it like this, 20 years of happiness beats the heck outta 100 years of unhappiness any day.
Of course I make my own happiness, and with that said, I plan on enjoying it for longer than 20 years if I'm that blessed. :-)
I would probably have to leave that one since I am only 36 and that would mean I would be gone by 56! As far as the ex goes I laughed outloud here at my desk reading that!! What a tool is right-fucking coward!! I hope is hurting from seeing you(cause he knows what he missed out on!) and from the running!!haha
@harley girl...yeah, mind you I looked pretty hot, with my new hair (I colored it back to dark again and I've had a ton of compliments!!) and a zippy new outfit and heels. Mama was stylin!
As opposed to what? A suckass life for 80 years, where instead I could make several people very miserable? I'll take my chances and a nice mix of good and bad. What would I have to bitch about if all was sunshine and roses all the time?
Shoot no, I want to be extraordinarily happy and fullfilled far longer than 20 years.
What an intruiging question. Nope, I can't spell.
I was so wrapped up in the Question I forgot to say
"OMG WHAT CUTE LITTLE PUPPIES!!!!"
awwwwwwwww, they are so freaking CUTE.
Nope.
I like the rollercoaster.
WAY. More. Exciting;)
Oh.God.Yes.
The dogs are so cute!
The ex was certainly acting weird. He probably felt very vulnerable because of how his mom was doing...i'm sure he did not want you to see him in that state.
No, actually I wouldn't...I'd rather take the good with the bad and have what is coming to me without expecting that it's gonna be a big fat bowl of cherries...life's a lottery and I love it like that. It may be predestined, but I don't know it so it's still a mystery!!
Post a Comment