So we had this discussion on The Nest about the Duggars, the family who has 17 children and evidently is now pregnant with the 18th one.
If you don't know who they are, here is a little blurb from their website:
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar married July 21st, 1984. At that time, they chose to use the birth control pill. They thought, “We don’t want children right now. We can’t afford them. We want children in our timing, when we’re ready.” Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child. They prayed and asked God to forgive them, and to teach them to love children like He loves children. They asked God to bless them with as many children as He saw fit in His timing. Right after that Michelle got pregnant with twins! To date they have been blessed with 17 children, (10 boys and 7 girls) Joshua, Jana & John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer (and #18 due in January 2009!).
Several thoughts came to my mind....
First of all, the husband's name is Jim Bob. Enough said.
Second, when are they going to stop this insanity? When her uterus falls out, or they run out of "J" names?
Third, who are they kidding, those kids are raising each other! Because evidently Mom and Dad are too busy doing the horizontal bop in an effort to add more tax deductions.
I really just pray that woman runs out of eggs soon.

10 comments:
Well my first thought was Jesus!!!
And my second thought was that Jim bob needs to divorce Michelle (she doesnt fit in) and needs to find a new wife whose name starts with J. Oh my and guess who is looking for a new guy in her life....Julie!!
Oh and I have had a third thought - imagine how they sort the mail at their house - J. Duggar - ??
Great post - I so love your sense of humour girl!
She needs to sew up that coochie and get JimBob a blow up doll.
peace
#2
I am crackin' up at Lilly's comment!!! I think you would be a great step-mom.
Seriously, does Jim Bob have to do the board tied to his waist thing to not fall in?
LOL, I'm getting more laughs from your commentators than anything. Of course I expect it from Lilly. I have watched the Duggers on their TV show, what a way to live.
"board on the ass thing" LOL
Julie...enjoy your down-day! I'm getting to the point TLC needs to take a good look at their line up! Between the Duggars and the I Love Me Show (Kate of Jon & Kate)...ugh! I'm a Dog Whisperer fan, give me the dog shows-at least with a dog you can justify promoting a litter. I'm bad. Sorry..perhaps that extra hour of sleep was not a good thing!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Superficial but....the IDENTICAL clothes/hair/J-name thing is just a little scary.
Duggar clones from a clown car.
They have a TV show??? Oh, what have I been missing....
@lilly...hahahahaha...no thanks! I think I'll pass on being Jim Bob's wife!
@eric...I tried 3 times to leave a comment on your blog and kept getting an error...
I wish N-M a speedy recovery!!!
It is people like this that keep me in business.
I kid;)
17 kids?!?!?!?!! Oh.MY.GOD! I wonder if her uterus looks like a worn out hefty trash bag by now? HA!
Post a Comment