Good morning, blog readers.
I'm half asleep, thanks to staying up til 1am doing the whole election thing! Congratulations to President-elect Obama. As a country we've put our faith in you...now keep your end of the bargain, do what you said you would, and don't let us down.
I admit, I'm such a sap that I cried through 90% of his speech last night. I thought it was very moving, and it made me proud of our country.
I still feel that Palin killed McCain's chance of winning. He was running on the fact that Obama was unprepared to take on the highest office in the land, and then he chose a running mate who was even less experienced. I personally believe he sealed his fate with that one. Had he chosen another woman, such as Kay Bailey Hutchison, (assuming he really wanted to get the women who would have voted for Hilary on his side) he very well could have won last night.
And I'd be nauseated as hell today if he had. LOL
So how do you feel about the outcome of the election? I know all my readers are not Obama supporters, so please do not feel as though you can't express your opinion in comments. All parties are welcome here!!!
******************************************************
Hahahaha...I think you guys with all your comments trying to be the Top Commenter, broke my widget yesterday!!! I see it's not working today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28 comments:
I'm thrilled, really didn't have any doubts. I agree Palin killed it for McCain but he wasn't going to win anyway.
I am a happy American this morning. :)
I had my fears at the beginning but about 8:00 I began feeling more and more confidant that THE change was coming. I stayed up to see the speeches too and felt exactly the same way about Obama. I felt like his speech rang true as did his emotions.
Absolutely giddy this morning!!
I had to remove my top commenter thingie - it was not working right at all. There is no way the numbers were right.
I may reinstall it in the future, we'll see.
julie...The first time I ever voted, it was for Jimmy Carter and I promised myself to NEVER vote for another Democrat. I did not vote for Obama, however today he is our leader and he has my respect. On 1/20 he will be my hubster's boss and the boss of my only two sons who are Airman. I pray our President will be a strong leader and I also hope that the Republican Party rebuilds itself.
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
I'm excited about Obama. I just hope he lives up to his promises.
Julie, time will tell if Obama lives up to his promises. Why are some you still having hope that he will? I still respect the office of the President. There is no way that I can respect Obama, just like when Bill Clinton was in there. For those of you that are in the military or have loved ones in the the military, I'm sure that your morel is very low today. How can you respect this man as your commader and chief? I think that most of your votes were against Mr. Bush, shame on you. Time will tell if you made the right choice, hope you have guts enough to tell your family your sorry if you were wrong. Peace be with you!
@anonymous...I have the same "hope" that you would have if McCain had been elected. Absolutely, time will tell if as a nation, we made the right choice.
But tell me, what has President-elect Obama done to NOT deserve my respect? He has not even taken office yet!
Airmansmom has two of her children serving in the military right now, and while she was not a supporter of Obama, she has given him her respect today, as her children's new boss. Do YOU have kids overseas today? Just curious.
For the record, I have always apologized when I have been wrong. However, my family, including my 84 year old mother, voted the same way I did yesterday. So no apology will be necessary!
anon...as the mom of two men serving in the military, allow me to say that we NEED to support our President. He holds the most powerful office in the land. Moral may be low for a moment or two...but these fine men and women who serve our country have taken an oath. They live by this oath. They are willing to sacrifice their own lives to serve our nation, it matters not who sits in the Oval Office. My prayer is that Obama does not let our military down... Our Military stands up for us, we must stand behind them!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Julie, your right on if McCain would have been elected. Obama has no Christian values at all. That is what our country was founded on. For a long time our nation has been in trouble for a long time.
Obama had not done anything to earn my respect. What kind of record does he have? He has not done anything to make a difference. He is a smooth talker and it mentions that in the Bible that the Antichrist will be a smooth talker. Are you ready for the end of time?
You said that "Airmansmom has two of her children serving in the military right now, and while she was not a supporter of Obama, she has given him her respect today, as her children's new boss". Can her sons honestly look this man in the eyes and salute Obama as their commmader and chief? Sounds like Airmansmom is speaking for her sons.
I don't have children in the military by the way.
That is good that you're able to apologize. I'm able to apologize as well that I'm sorry for, but could not in my good consensus vote for Obama. I could not do that to my grandsons.
Airmansmom was that your prayer before or after Obama was elected?
It is never to late to pray. We should never have put God in this position.
That is good that you think that morel will be low for a moment or two. Would the military have felt this way if McCain was elected?
I think that it is going to be a long time for the military to come to grips with what the country (people) have done to them. Wow!
@airmansmom...Amen. God bless your sons and thank you goes to them for their service.
@anon....you and I aren't ever going to see eye to eye. (You aren't my ex husband in disguise are you? Because we were polar opposites as well!)
We are all entitled to our own opinions, our own votes, and our own religious beliefs. However I won't get into a pissing contest over any of it.
Especially with someone who chooses to remain anonymous. :)
It doesn't matter at all if he has Christian values. This country has no national religion and he'll see to it that it stays that way.
Anon...do us both a favor and leave God and your particular religious beliefs off my blog.
One topic I will not debate, or allow to be debated, is religion. I don't force my beliefs on anyone and I won't allow yours forced on my readers.
Consider yourself warned.
One Word: Thrilled
Now I await the Prop 8 verdict.
Thanks Julie for the warming. And no I'm not your ex husband. I don't even look like your 3rd ex husband.
You're right we are entitled to our own opinion. That is one freedom we still have in the country.
I'm not trying to force beliefs on anyone.
I'm sure that I would lose the pissing contest too.
Vinnie is does matter if the leader of our country has some Christian values. That is what our country was founded on. You're right on no national religon, the President has nothing to do with that anyways. Time will tell.
@anon...I've only been married once! I don't plan to have even a second "ex" husband. (Of course I didn't plan on the first one being an ex either, so I guess it's a crap shoot regardless!)
@amy...yep, waiting on that as well.
Anon we were not founded on Christian values, we were founded on being free...
I am really excited. For me, for my kids, for TOF especially. Not even anon is going to kill this excitement for me.
Anon: I have family in the military and so does my boyfriend and both of us voted for Obama, as did his family!
I'm thrilled not because he's an African American man and I am an African American woman. I voted for many reasons but the biggest one is that we are in need of a major change. If we continue in the direction that we have been, we are in deep trouble. Economically, our country is in a sad state. The rich continue to get richer while those of us who work our bottoms off, continue to struggle.
This nation was founded on God (and I promise Julie I won't get into a religious debate) but sin exists everywhere which means that whether God is in the midst of our government or not, there will always be corruption. So, Obama's religious beliefs have nothing to do with his capabilities in being head of our government.
Another thing that brought me to tears is for once, everyone (all ethnicities) are fighting together for a common goal and that is change.
I respect Airmanmom's views and honesty and also her sons dedication to our country. I'm ready for our troops to come home. They're fighting a war that should never have started in the first place.
I'll get off my soapbox! I will as always, pray for our government!
While I really don't care for either of them and knew ONE of them was going to make it in, I just want to know now "What's in it for me".
*Middle Class
*Pays bills and taxes on time, every time
*Works hard - doesn't play the system
*Has good health care now and doesn't want it to get any more expensive than it is.
*Believes everyone should work hard to get what they deserve.
Self-serving, yes.
I'M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!
I was right there with ya Jules, crying through the speech.
I find it so amusing when some say Obama is the antichrist. If so, wouldn't you want him in office?
@CCDD...I'm with you. My vote had nothing to do with race, nor would it have had to do with sex (had Hilary been the nom). I voted for who I felt represented our best hope for change in this country. Sorely needed change. And do not worry, I wasn't concerned about YOU starting a religious debate! ::smooch::
I agree with you buckeyebabe99. It is a shame that either party did not have a better canidate. But we have seen what is does to you being in politics, just look at what they have done to "Joe the Plumber".
Who is going to pull the race card 1st, Will it be Obama or the media?
I personally think that the late night talk shows will lay off of Obama, for the fear of the race card being thrown
I can't wait for that one.
You're right Chocolate covered, there is still sin in the world.
Hi there, Anonymous. Just wanted to let you know that the correct spelling of the word would be morale, not morel. Morels are a type of mushroom. I don't think morels are low today, as they probably don't care who the President of our country is at any given time since they are inanimate objects.
@kim and dave:
I think...no, I'm sure...I now have a girl crush on you. LOL
Aww, Julie! I'm so totally flattered by that!!
Things like spelling bug me, but when some smug, superior-acting jerk spells an easy one wrong in a public diatribe, I can't help but think "Dude, march back to your high school and demand a refund."
Man, I missed it all!!!! Damn! Stupid work!
I cried from 11 p.m. est until 1:30 a.m.est Change, Yes We Did!!!
Post a Comment