Thursday, November 6, 2008

I think I want a Vampire for a boyfriend.

OK, much to Deb's dismay, I have not yet read the Twilight books, however I have ordered them all and they should start arriving any day.

However...last week when I was home sick, out of sheer boredom I turned on HBO on Demand, and ended up watching the entire series (9 episodes so far) of True Blood.

Has anybody seen this? It's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

When I was little, way back in the old days...there was a "soap opera" called Dark Shadows on TV, and I loved it!!! Well, True Blood is definitely something along the same lines! It is written by the same guy, Alan Ball, who did Six Feet Under on HBO, and also wrote "American Beauty", which I thought was a great movie! He's very quirky and dry, and definitely offbeat when it comes to his writing.

So yeah, I'm hooked on True Blood. Several hot guys to choose from....

There's Bill, he's a vampire and can bite my neck anytime he wants:


And Eric, his vampire "boss". I'm not usually into blondes but this dude is smokin on the show:


Sam the owner of the bar and not quite sure yet what he is, other than a dog (literally, he switches back and forth):



There is just something about bad boys that I can't resist. And evidently vampires have some seriously passionate sex, so I am clearly missing out on something!!! We all are attracted to bad boys in some way, aren't we? There's something about that dominating personality (and let's face it, it's a sexual thing...I don't want someone trying to boss me around outside the bedroom!) that just makes a girl weak...at least it makes THIS girl that way.

And think about it, how bad could it be? You've got a guy during the hours you really need one...which is when it's dark out! During the day, you do your own thing, and at night, when you need a date for parties, dinner, events, getting laid, sleeping together, etc., you've got him. Then he's up and out of there before daylight, and you go about your merry way again. And heck, during the winter it gets dark at 5:30 so you get extra hours with him if you want them! And in the summer, longer daylight hours but it's nice outside and I can certainly entertain myself until boyfriend awakes from his 12 hour beauty nap.

I'm thinkin I'm on to something. Now, how do I find myself one of these neck biting, hot sex having, bad boys?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spit pop all over my monitor!

Julie said...

Really? I thought you were a swallower. ;)

Unknown said...

I watch true blood...mainly because it is like soft core porn and I dont feel quilty for watchin it LOL yep I loves me a vampy too-

You are gonna LOVE Twilight

Anonymous said...

I love me some true blood. I featured Bill as one of my hot guys on tantalizing tuesdays.
I can't watch it on Sundays cuz the G-man is usually around and he would freek with all the sex. Thank god for On-demand !!

#1

Robynbeth said...

I love this show, and I have always loved a good vamp. I cut my teeth on Anne Rice (the early years) and took off from there. Right now I am truly addicted to the Dark Hunter Series. My 10 year old is now growning her own fangs with Twilight, and you know, like mother, like daughter.

jill jill bo bill said...

I LOVED Six Feet Under! I will try to catch some of these! And as far as the Vampire thing, you might try hitting the dark abandoned warehouses. But don't wear your cross necklace OR eat garlic before you go hunting. I heard that's a turn off for them.

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Well Now!! Deb is gonna be proud of you for getting into Twilight!!

What channel is this show on? It is probably on a channel I don't get!
Julie I think a Vampire would be a perfect fit for you!

Anonymous said...

It's time for an Intervention. Single girls should NOT do Twilight. That's what I've been told by my co-workers who just read the series, anyway. They said that it will leave you pining away for a mythical love and no one else will ever satisfy you! LOL

Lost Soul said...

Soft porn? Now I have to try it.

Lost Soul said...

Swallower? Well that image is gonna stick with me all day now... ;-)

Julie said...

@georgie and vinnie...yep, there's some definite soft porn going on! Why do you think I watch it?

@philly...I need to read back on your blog and find Bill. I didn't realize he was the homeless guy on the Starter Wife mini-series, did you?

@robynbeth...did you ever read Anne Rice's Beauty series? She wrote it under a different name. Talk about porn on paper...geesh!

@amy...it's on HBO

@crystal...ain't had nothing satisfying in 8 years since before I got married. I'm due! LOL

@vinnie...I could you things about Danica that would stick with you in ways you cannot even imagine!

Julie said...

@vinnie...I could "tell" you things about Danica...sorry, left a word out.

Lost Soul said...

Tell, tell!

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO we must have secrets Julie!!!!

And psst....I *used* to swallow. Remember my man?? HA!

Julie D said...

@danica...no worries honey, I won't give away yours because you have WAY too many on me!!!!!

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

I love True Blood, my daughters and I try to watch it at the same time and they call me saying did you see that!! Lmao.. there is a series of books that True Blood is from but I can't remember the name or author, my daughter has read them and says the story line follows the book with just a few small differences. I can't wait to see twilight my daughters and I have a movie date.
And Dark shadows I miss that show even though it was so cheesey, Barnabus, Angelique, Josette, Quentin.. I wish they would do a remake of that series..
But Yep True Blood

Megryansmom said...

Which reminds me of a joke...what do you call a bird that can't get pregnant? A Swallow.

Anonymous said...

Here it is Julie in case you haven't found it yet.

http://menapausalmama.blogspot.com/2008/10/tantalizing-tuesday_20.html

Julie D said...

@philly...swoon. I left you a comment saying I will trade sucking action with him anyday.

Debz said...

I have heard this True Blood is awesome, but I do not get HBO here. I know who your talking about when you say the homeless guy from Starter Wife though. I get that channel (lol).

You make me so proud that you are jumping in on the Twilight bandwagon. I actually started reading them again. I am so addicted. 2 more weeks till the movie. Eeeeeeeeee!!!!

All this talk of swallowing is making me thirsty. I need a martini - later!! (ah the benefits of being unemployed)

Anonymous said...

Delurking here at the mere mention of Twilight. Love it. I am recently married and now considering divorcing my hubby to marry Edward Cullen. I am totally serious!!! I plan on seeing the movie at 12:01 November 21. I also plan on dressing like a vampire. Think that might be too much? Anyway, I am so obsessed I couldn't even resist commenting on a strangers blog!

- Sarah

Julie said...

@Sarah...don't be a stranger! Come back and play with us!!!

OK now I'm really intrigued by this Twilight thing. My books better get here fast!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to find 'em, but if you do...please let me know. I think you've just discovered the perfect man....

Helga Marie Bee said...

Hey Julie,

I love all things vampire...Twilight, Anne Rice, Real Curves, Unmarked etc...

from Secret Santa I started reading your blog. I am not going to pretend to know you, but their is a series you might really like (if you like to read) The first book is "I am the Vampire that's Why" by Michele Bardsley...enjoy.

PS Jason Stackhouse is my favorite, though I can not stand Amy.
I am actually7 reading the books now by Charlaine Harris (I am a reader)