Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Attention Commenters

I have made a change to my comment section which will not allow comments to be posted until I approve them.

The reason for this is my Anonymous commenter.

I have asked on more than one occasion for you to identify yourself. You have not respected my request. Yet you feel compelled to make comments as though we are friends, which we are not becauase I have no idea who you are...or call me "Jules" which is something my real friends call me, as they know me well enough to do so, but you don't. You even asked a blogging buddy of mine, "I wonder if we could get Julie to put a close up of her girls with the "I voted" sticker on her blog." The answer to that is a resounding NO, by the way.

I've had several people email me today, offended or annoyed at the tone of the comments you've made. I am not going to upset my readers friends because of somebody who doesn't have the balls to come out of the closet and say who he really is, and stop hiding behind a shadow of anonymity where you can say anything you want and not be held accountable.

I have no problem with my readers friends posting their thoughts and views about an election, or abortion, or a religious belief. What I do have a problem with is your willingness to throw your antagonistic comments out there while masking your identity.

So for now, I will no longer allow anonymous posts on my blog. I have a couple of friends (Cassie, Cheri, etc.) who post anonymously but put their names on the comment, and those I will let through. But if there's no name, it will be deleted. "B", I know you occasionally post one as well so if nothing else, sign it with your initial of your last name so I know it's you.

And Mr. Anonymous, in answer to your question, yes I did censor Vinnie's comment. And he knows why. It's my blog and I'm allowed.

30 comments:

Lost Soul said...

I had no problem with that censor my dear...

Megryansmom said...

Be gone anon

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

And he leaves yet another anonymous comment. Did he not read the part that said "I will not publish any more anonymous comments"?

Men. I swear he's my ex's separated-at-birth twin. Very scary.

Lost Soul said...

I'm not scary...

Julie D said...

@vinnie...no but in that one picture you are smokin... ;)

BBB said...

Thanks anon... now I can't have any fun...

Oh well.. I'll still have fun cause I love your blog!

Julie D said...

@lizzy...LOL.

Coloradolady said...

Wow. Just Wow.

I don't blame you. Very scary.

I wonder if it is a guy or a girl... ;) This day and age, you can never tell.

Oh, well. Glad you found a way to rid yourself of the snarky comments. Good Job.

travel girl said...

Jules (am I allowed to call you Jules?) the anonymous person is a fucktard!

I was amused though.

Julie D said...

@Colorado...I assume a man. Most chicks don't want to look at my boobs that badly.

@Travel Girl...OF COURSE you get to call me Jules. Any of my blogging buds can feel free to do so, as we all read about each other's lives every day, and feel like we know each other even if we've never met. I just don't like somebody who refusees to identify themselves, calling me Jules like I'm a bud. I'm not your friend as long as you are nameless and faceless.

And evidently ball-less.

Simi said...

I'm sorry people are so lame-o.

Lilly said...

Don't blame you in the least. Anon is crying out for attention it seems! Fancy a blogger stalker...funny at first then it just gets a little creepy..you never can be too careful. Julie I think he is all our ex's separated at birth twin..

jill jill bo bill said...

Damn! I was all into the drama! Okay, fine.... I do agree with you doing that. But I was ready for you to take him down with your quick wit.

Debz said...

Well I guess I could go this same way since the anon fucktard has now glommed onto me, but I think I may throw out a few more gratuitous breast shots first. Maybe he'll have a heart attack.

You gotta give it to him though, he's a great typist considering he's only using the ONE hand.

Julie D said...

Can we photoshop one of our boobs together? That might do the trick!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

actually "Jules Denny" I've seen the girls and I'm not all that impressed!! Sorry I don't know any other way to leave you a comment except under the annoyn way.. teach me oh grasshopper and I will learn from the blogging queen!

Cheri

Julie D said...

@cheri...BITCH! Dissing my boobs like that?!?!?! If I weren't such a nice person I'd make a comment that at least I have some!!!!!!!

You don't want to piss me off. I have a cassette tape and I'm not afraid to use it.

Don't worry about commenting, keep doing it the way you are. It's all good...

tbonegrl said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Ok so I miss everything!!!

You need Magnum P.I. right about now...find the bastid who is leaving the comments!

peace
#2

Unknown said...

julie...good move on your behalf. It appeared after a couple of comment postings this morning, anon was trouble. I won't play games, I don't want them played on my blog. Now, now...I will admit I played w/ vinnie the top commentor game...but I hope it was simply obnoxious fun, no malice or ugliness. :)

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Anonymous said...

I'd look at your boobs any day!

Unknown said...

I am gone for a day or two and all hell breaks loose-I always miss the good stuff

Patou said...

Hi Julie. It's BD so you know its really me! nice catching up on your blog. you've done some great things with it!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you put your foot(or should I say boob) down and got rid of that fucktard and they will now be known as!! You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving the crack for me to still slide through every once in a while. Much appreciated!



"E"

Julie said...

@ "E"...absolutely. You know you're welcome to comment anytime!!

Anonymous said...

Harleygirl you are cracking me up!!!

You know, we need another HH! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I hopped over from Deb's blog.

Sorry to hear you guys are having trouble with someone being so thoughtless. I think people tend to forget our blogs are a small extension of our homes and to disrepect our blog is to disrespect us too.

Nice to meet ya BTW> :-D