Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Waterfree at last!

The bloat is gone, and so is 3 of the 4 lbs. Woohoo! I knew that's all that was wrong but I needed to see it on the scale for myself.

Today is my co-worker Amanda's 27th birthday. My boss and I got her a Coach purse because she's never had a designer bag and she always moons over mine. So now she's got one of her own. Happy birthday, sweetie!

Have you heard about the story of the man who imprisoned his daughter for 24 years, had numerous children with her, and has just now been found out? I don't understand how this can happen. I don't know how you'd hide someone for 6 months, let alone 24 years, without anybody finding out? The daughter had children with him as a result of continuous rapes, and I guess I can't pretend to understand the mental stress or brainwashing that must have gone on all those years. But couldn't the daughter and one of the kids (some of which are like 19 and 17 years old now if not older) overpowered the 70 year old man at some point and gotten free? Wasn't there ever a time in 24 years that the daughter *had* to have medical care, especially after giving birth to something like 8 children? How did he manage to feed and clothe that many people for so long with NOBODY knowing?

I just don't understand. I pray for the daughter and all of those children, that they will somehow, someday, find their way out of the darkness that their lives have been. I fear it will take years, many many years, if it ever happens at all.

What is wrong with people? I just don't get it.

No comments: