Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm sleepy....(yawn).....

Went to see Carrie Underwood last night. It was a good concert, albeit about an hour too long. She's not a big enough star (aka hasn't had enough hits) to fill a two hour concert. I think she sang every song on both of her albums, which got a little boring to hear 20 songs you don't know....and at the end her "encore" was November Rain and Paradise City, by Guns & Roses (yeah, figure that one out!) and finally Before He Cheats. To her credit though, she rocked the G&R stuff. I was quite surprised!

Prior to the concert we went to Eddie George's Grille for dinner, and I had two vodka and SF Red Bull's. In retrospect....bad idea! Got home at 10:30, stayed up til 12:30, finally went to bed and could not fall asleep until 2:30, and then was woken up twice getting cramps in my feet, and finally was up for good at 5:45 this morning. Ugh. Note to self, in the future, skip the Red Bull and just drink the vodka!!!!

So now I'm tired. Oh, and I should mention that in the two hours between when I got home and when I went to bed....I methodically removed every one of my fake nails. They had been breaking on the sides and stuff for several days, I think this set is just so old and brittle...so I just took them all off! It's the first time in probably 18 years that I haven't had fake nails. I don't really care for it! And it's hard to type! The ends of my fingers are sore! So I do have a nail appointment today (which is why I was fine with taking them all off last night) Now, ironically, I am considering asking if she can just put a very thin "stabilizing" coat on my natural nails to allow them to grow out. They are so weak and flimsy and it's going to take months but I may just be nail free for the first time in almost 20 years.

What the hell is wrong with me? No nails? Monitoring my eating? Trying to get healthy? EXERCISING? (Yes, I did 20 minutes on recumbant bike this morning!) Who am I and what have they done with Julie??????

In other news....

I'm going to see my mother-in-law today. After her second round of chemo, she started losing her hair (as we knew would happen) so I bought her a couple of hats to wear from this website I found online.

Oh, and yesterday, even with eating dinner out (I had a Seared Ahi Tuna salad) and the vodka's...I still came in with 256 calores to spare on The Daily Plate! Woohoo! And I'm down 3 lbs since I started it! Again, I'm aware it's fluctuations in water weight...you don't lose 3 lbs of "fat" in 3 days. But it's just nice to see the scale going down for a change. I set my first goal of losing 70 lbs (there is a tracker at the bottom of the blog now!) and that will get me to where I feel good, look good, am comfortably a size 12, and I can live with that. Believe it or not, I will still be at the highest end of the "ideal weight" for someone my height, age and skeletal size!!!!! The low end of that range is a number I have never seen in my life except when I was maybe 13. I passed it and never saw it again! I don't think my body could get there, to be honest. Years and years ago, when I was 21, I lost 60 lbs in 3 months (can you say....Black Beauties???) and I was very small for me, a size 9, I had no boobs, wore small or medium shirts...and my face came down to a point at my chin. My mother was convinced I was anorexic (no Mom, I'm just doing speed. LOL) (Hey, it was the early 80's, I did a lot of things I'm not proud of!) Even at that size (and believe me, I was little, just ask anyone who remembers those days), I still was not at the low end of my "ideal" weight! I at least carry my weight well. If I told you the number I am right now, I think you'd be shocked. At least I hope you would!

OK, off to shower and get ready for the day. It's going to be beautiful out, I think I might go take a long walk this afternoon.

WHO SAID THAT?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will actually be surprised out how you like your nails!! 2 years ago I took all mine off when we started the remodel on our house and have not gone back, it will take awhile for them to get back to normal, but I do no think I will ever go back to having them done again!! Also congrats on the 3 lbs!!! I know what you mean about the ideal weight ! I have not seen mine since high school and I thought I was big back then! What I would not do to be that size again!! I am with you if I can get back to a 12 I will be very happy!!