Thursday, April 3, 2008

So here I am....47.

Wow.

Why is it that I feel 37 mentally and 57 physically? Gee, maybe because I'm overweight, out of shape, still smoking on occasion, and refusing to set foot anywhere near a gym? Let's face it, if I'm going to be sweating and breathing hard, there better be nudity involved. I'm just sayin.

So I decided to start blogging. Jump on the wagon, so to speak. (Hey, that would qualify as exercise, right?) I was told today that I should start recording everything I eat..."if you bite it, write it". That way you are more cognizant of your food behaviors.

Food behaviors? I eat anything that doesn't move. How's that for a food behavior?

OK so back to the purpose of this blog. I just turned 47 a few weeks ago. Clearly, I'm not getting any younger. So if I plan on taking one last run at being "all that" (ok so I've never actually been "all that", but I'd like to, at least once before I die, hear someone say "You're too skinny!" without any sort of medical intervention being involved!)...anyway, I need to get that last run started.

The thing is, I *know* better. My best friend is a naturopathic doctor, for heaven's sake! She has tried for years to get me on the right track (not to mention, to save my life) and I've fought her every step of the way. Whining at the top of my lungs..."It's too "hard" to eat healthy and organic and natural. I don't "like" to exercise. Yes, I "know" I have no business eating meat or any other animal products with my history of colitis, and family history of colon cancer." I can lecture other people until the cows come home about the bad effects of dairy on your body! (pun intended) So it's not like I'm stupid, or clueless, and have gotten to this point in life by accident. My body is what it is because of my own negligence. Period. I got nobody to blame but me.

So I figured accountability is a good place to start. I don't know if anyone will ever read this, so I'm not sure who I'm being accountable to or what I'm really even accounting for. Am I going to post what I eat every day? Maybe. That should be good for a laugh. Am I going to post how lazy I am and how much time I log being hortizontal rather than vertical? Possibly.

I'm just starting slowly at the exercise thing. If I type enough, I should have really skinny fingers, right?

6 comments:

Sue said...

Ooh! Can't wait to read your witty blog!

Just FYI, I can tell you that if you want accountability regarding what you eat, try this website:
http://www.thedailyplate.com/

It's calorie counting and when it all comes out in the wash, that's what losing weight is all about. Burning more calories than you eat, no matter how you slice it. I've lost ten pounds so far (after 6 weeks) just tracking what I eat. EVERYTHING, even the binges. It's very eye opening. Try it. Free to sign up.

Rita Finn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rita Finn said...

Hey girl! I recently lost 30 pounds. I weigh myself daily. That keeps me in line.

Anonymous said...

Stop being profound.
It's disturbing.
If I blogged right now, I think it would make readers go insane, so you could be worse off :)
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to keep up with you! Hugs. Now stop smoking please....I lost my momma to lung cancer and I dont want to lose a friend. :-(

BBB said...

"Let's face it, if I'm going to be sweating and breathing hard, there better be nudity involved. I'm just sayin."

THAT was funny!!!!!!!!!