Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OK more on The Daily Plate

I gotta tell you, this might be the best thing I ever did for myself. I've never really paid that close of attention to what I was shoving in my mouth. (Unless it was connected to a man) OMG! That totally did not come out the way I meant it! ROFLMAO...what I meant was I always pay attention to what I order when out on dates, etc.

Oh hell, why am I trying to explain myself? Freud would have a field day with what I said, regardless.

ANYWAY....

Having to account for every bite I eat is really eye opening. Not only from a caloric standpoint, but seeing the breakdown of how much fat I'm eating, how much cholesterol, sugar, etc. It's really sort of mindblowing. And it's making me pay attention to my food choices....and determine what's worth eating! Sure, maybe I'm really craving something sweet, but is a 120 calorie piece of dark chocolate (aka black sugar...LOL) worth it when I could just have a cup of grapes for half the calories and only consume natural sugar that's better for my body??

The really great thing about TDP is that I can access it from my phone, so no matter where I am, I can check the nutritional value of what I'm eating and make an informed decision, rather than eat something and then later find out it had like 3,000 calories in it!

I've got my mojo on, folks. It only took 47 years.

By the way, did NOT have new nails put back on. And yes, my hands feel weird. My nails are very thin and peeling but I do have polish on them (short as they are!) and am going to try to let them breathe for a bit. They can breathe through the polish....right?

2 comments:

Patou said...

well, you are on your way! I like reading your posts, an online diary. here's something to remember:

Energy follows thought.

What you think, you will manifest.

good luck Julie and good for you!

Allison said...

That's great! I love that site and it really does make you think about what you're putting into your mouth. Keep up the great work--I've been thinking about you!