Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Recovering....slowly

Yawn. I'm still tired from the trip! But I got about 11 hours of sleep last night so I'm starting to get caught up. At least I'm awake at work today without needing a coffee IV.

The trip was fun. Did the usual touristy things in Vegas. Walked in and out of a lot of casinos. Saw the new Palazzo, which is the Venetian part two. It was gorgeous. Would have stayed there except didn't feel like spending $300 a night to shower in a marble bathroom! Been there, done that, and it doesn't make the trip any more special. Intended to take in a couple of shows and then ended up doing other things. The weather was fabulous, I got sun on my face and arms, but clearly I ate too much as I gained back 4 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, it's not all "fat" as I don't think it's possible to gain that much that fast! I would guess there is some water retention involved with flying, and being in the desert sun. Had nothing to do with free drinks while gambling.

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So I'm back in rainy, cold Ohio and back to recording my food intake on the Daily Plate. Wish me luck.

This weekend, Saturday, is Prom, so I'll have pictures of my baby and his girl to post. Can't wait, I know they will look great!!!!!!!!!! And on Sunday, my dear friend Penny is celebrating her birthday, and is aging gracefully from 59 to...50-10. LOL...she's gonna kick my ass for putting that on a world wide website!!!! Haven't seen her since last August I believe, so I'm looking forward to that too.

Work has finally slowed down enough that I can breathe, and I haven't work a weekend in a month which is great. AND, I got a big raise last week (huge, actually!) so that certainly helps from a financial standpoint...and it's nice to know that all of my hard work has been recognized.

Now, if I can just get my romantic life in order...I'll be in good shape!

3 comments:

Patou said...

Welcome back Julie! Glad to hear you had a good time in Vegas. don't worry about the 4 pounds. The Daily Plate will clear that up in no time!

And congratulations on your raise, ducky!!!!

Lets get together for drinks. would love to see you!

Anonymous said...

YAY and welcome back!

Congrats on the raise!

BBB said...

I love Vegas.... Someday I want to go there WITHOUT kids!!!