In describing my divorce, I may have mislead you into thinking I was still involved with my ex.
I'm not. Not romantically at least.
We're friends. Or maybe frenemies. Not sure. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, right? I dunno.
His mom has been very sick and I am still extremely close to her, and therefore he and I are uniting for a common good....taking care of her.
He and I still have some unreconciled ties that bind...and until those are rectified we are still going to see each other, talk, and occasionally spend time together. It's just what it is.
I don't hate him. On the contrary, believe it or not I still love him. It just took me a long time to realize and accept that "happily ever after" just wasn't meant to be for us. We had problems in our marriage that long superceded the disaster at the end, and I have culpability in those issues...I'm not blameless. But I will forever stand by my statement that I didn't deserve the hell I was put through on his way out the door. If he was so freaking miserable in our marriage, he should have gotten the hell out way before he started dating again!
Anyway...I'm a single gal now, and at some point soon I hope to be 50% of a couple, because it's getting a little lonely spending my weekend nights home alone with BOB.
Figure it out. LOL
1 comment:
I wish that BOB wasn't my ex's name... cause... :)
Post a Comment