Saturday, May 9, 2009

What can I "wine" about today?

Happy Saturday everyone....

I have the Wine Flu.

When did I become such a lightweight that TWO glasses of wine can A) make me drunk and B) give me a hangover?



And no, for the smart asses out there who are wondering (and you know who you are), they were not 16 oz. wine glasses either!

We were actually installing the master bedroom at a client's house until 8pm last night, and they were graciously supplying us with beverages as we worked. I truly believe in situations like that, there is something inside you that just automatically makes you remain sober and acting normally until you get to a safe place, such as your own home. Because I felt fine driving home, but somehow the minute I got into my own house, I was buzzed as hell! Clearly, as soon as I relaxed, I *really* relaxed. I ended up asleep on the couch at 10pm (yes, another wild Friday night for Julie).

Today, I just have a headache. And my body hurts. Add all the bending and moving of stuff that I did last night to the fact that I've been planting and weeding for a week now, and my back is not happy. Literally, everything from mid-back to my knees hurts. Damn those three herniated disks.

But the good news is that I have a garden! Woohoo! Four types of tomatoes, some jalapeno peppers, some purple and orange sweet peppers, two types of basil, and some rosemary. And I have a feeling I'll be adding more to it...I'm all about the gardening these days.

Oh, and my first month on Weight Watchers is officially over as of today. As you can see from my ticker at the very bottom of my blog, I've lost 9.7 lbs. this month. That's good, I know, but I'm disappointed that I fell short .3 of a pound and didn't meet my 10 lbs. goal. Arrrgh. Damn that wine last night.

Oh well...on to my next 30 days and 10 lbs. I'll be successful this month.

Since tomorrow is my blogging day off, I want to wish all you moms out there a very Happy Mother's Day! I am blessed to still have my mother with me, and even more blessed to be the mom of The Best Kid Ever. I love my life.

On a related note, should I ask for this as a Mother's Day gift?



21 comments:

chocdrop said...

Congratulations on your 9.7lbs loss. Screw the .3!!!! You lost 9.7lbs. Thats incredible!

Damn I am awaiting the wine flu, it is slowly approaching.

Happy Mother's day to you.

Stephanie said...

That 9.7 is amazing! I never noticed your ticker way down there before. Yeah you!

Allison said...

You should be really proud of your 9.7! That's fantastic!!!!

For the record, though, if you drank a ton of water today, you'll probably stop retaining the water from the wine last night and lose that last .3. :)

Best of luck for next month--9.7 is great!!!

Fragrant Liar said...

In my world, 9.7 = 10. I like to round UP. So congrats on hitting your goal! That is awesome. I need your willpower this month. So much going on, I'm loading up all kinds of carbs. And from my very little bit of vino last night, I too am suffering a headache. What lightweights we have become!

Happy Mom's Day to you!

Mindy said...

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!
I say screw the .3lbs as well. Congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing great!

Girl Tornado said...

Happy Mom's day to you -- I too am very lucky to still have my mom and a wonderful son. :)

Congrats on your weight loss, and forget about that .3 -- I'll bet your scale is off just that tiny lil bit. It really might be, ya know! Good luck on your next month.

I love wine. I prefer ordering wine over a mixed drink at a restaurant because you can be sure of the alcohol content. I want to get every drop I pay for, and sometimes those mixed drinks fall short and even cost more! But I'm starting to see a difference as I age, er, get older - can't drink it like I used to (translation = glass after glass after glass after...). It sucks.

Sandi said...

Congrats on the weight loss. You are kicking ass and taking names across the board. I am so proud of you!

I won't be in Vegas this month. We were planning all along on taking the 12 kids plus Shaylee in Chattanooga to Bronson's gradutaion in Asheville, and the school told us no. Can you beleive they wouldn't want all of my kids at their ceremony? I don't know why? lol

Anyway, because we are going to be in Asheville at Graduation the very next weekend, Sans kids, I can't leave my babies two weekends in a row. GUILT is an amaizing gift that comes with motherhood.
I hope you understand.

Anonymous said...

Yes you should ask for the wine holder, that way you can work in your garden and still keep a drink handy.
Have a wonderful mother's day.
Cassie

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Julie, Congrats on the weight loss - that is a true accomplishment! Keep it up! And, hell yeah on the wine holder!

Tiffany said...

Wow, that's a great weight loss, congrats!!!
sorry to hear about the "flu", doesn't take me much either and the older I get, the longer the hangovers are, so I try to just stay away from it lol.
Happy Mother's Day!!

bj said...

Oh, Julie, you are a complicated woman, I think. Just about the time I think I have you figured out, something you disclose about yourself makes me know I HAVEN'T got you figured out yet!! LOL
I hope you have a fantastic Mothers Day and get some rest on Sunday. After all that planting, your back will thank you!
And tons of congrats on losing that weight. I need to lose about 25 lbs and I am having a hard time.
xo bj

Tootsie said...

girl...you and I are the same! I remember the day when there was more like two bottles of wine before I became so sick! Do you think this means we aren't cool? lol
or could we be getting old? lol
NO>>>>>we are going to say it is the wine...just got a lot stronger!
happy mom's day!

Tootsie said...

oh....congrats on the weight loss!!! you go girl!
If you want to lose a whole lot more really fast...my husband is up for sale...he started his mid- life crisis last summer and I lost 50 pounds in two months! I called it the stressed fast diet!
went from size 15 to size 3. I finally lost all that baby fat...but still..did he need to be such an ass? lol

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Happy Mother's Day; you are too funny! Also, I'm envious of the .3 lb much less the 9.7, congratulations!

Kim said...

I think a liquid wine diet should take of the hangover - just stay drunk. It will take care of the weight loss, too - it IS a LIQUID diet, after all.

Congrats - I would love it if I lost 10 lbs! (Yes, it is 10. ALWAYS round up.)

Anonymous said...

Honey, you can ask for anything you want. Getting it is another thing. I lost my 30 pounds the natural way. I got diabetes. Yeah. I know. You're jealous cuz I'm lucky.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you installed a master bedroom? Did you really build a master bedroom onto someone's house in one night? For that, you can drink two cases of wine! You deserve it!!!

I hope that you have a very special Mother's day with your great son.

Congratulations on your 10 pound goal. I bet if you had burped, it would've gone to 10 pounds anyway so I call it even!

Paula said...

Julie, thanks for your very kind words and leaving your email address with me. It is a real comfort.
Congtrats on your weight loss. Have realised loosing weight slow is better for my tissue. And the wine flu - oh well, having just half a glass of wine makes me unwell and let me see pink planes circling my bed! Have a wonderful mothers day. Paula

travel girl said...

I have not drank in a while so I'm a little worried when we get together in Vegas!

Bagman and Butler said...

Congratulations from the three of us as well on the 10 pounds. And nice to be reminded of what a hangover is like. I haven't had one since 1976...but I had enough back then for a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

Found you thru Single Mom Seeking...love the layout!

When it comes to the wine - practice makes perfect! I've been working on building my tolerance for a few years now.....:)