As I look around my house, I am wondering how expensive is a maid, really?

Wait, how did that picture from my personal ad get in here? (I'm kidding, Baggy. Someone get him a glass of water.)
Seriously, I am not proud of the condition my house is in. We won't discuss the state of my living room carpet. I have two small dogs with even smaller bladders. You figure it out.
Schedule carpet cleaners...check.
I have to address the hole in my hallway where my son put his head through the wall 3 years ago (don't ask) and my ex patched it for me....2 1/2 years ago. It remains patched to this day.
Get sanding materials and paint....check.
Getting rid of the clutter isn't a huge issue...open drawers and closets, toss in. Check.
The bathroom. Ugh. There is a condemned sign on the door. I swear I think it violates some sort of city code. My bathroom has ceramic tile on the floors and walls. I think I'm just going to turn the hose on and spray.
Shop Vac....check.
Yard mess aka last year's leaves (yes, I did do this already, but there is a big pile by the fence that is the bane of my existence) that need removed.
Jordan's job. Check.
Once all this is done, I still have to actually PLAN the damn party. I pretty much know what I'm serving, Jordan's other parents are providing the beer, wine and other beverages, and I remembered to make myself a note to call Costco and order the cake. (Yummmmm...their cakes are fabu!)
I wish it were as easy as I'm making it sound here.
Mr. Clean...if you come and help me, I will handle your mop like nobody ever has before. I promise you, I'll make it worth your effort.
Meanwhile, in the event he doesn't show up, can I get some volunteers? C'mon. I have alcohol. We'll make a drinking game out of it. Every time I say "F*ck, I hate cleaning", we take a shot.
Who's in? Get your drinking legs on and get over here.
15 comments:
You know, I'd love to come and help you out but I have a gigundo mess here at my own house to clean (not to mention a basement that won't stop flooding. Good luck with that! And congrats to you and your son!
My daughter graduates on Tuesday! My last one! Can you say empty nest syndrome? Woo hoo!!!!
Wait... the pictures of your son, down there, at the bottom of your blog... he's 18? Damn! That kid could get served in any bar in the country! (reminds me of my brother's boy... kid's just turning 21, looks to be in his late 20s.. all that facial and body hair)
If I leave now, listen for me hollering tonight trying to find you. Seriously I wish I could come help you out.
Just call a Merry Maids or someone to come in and do a one time clean, you will be so glad you did. I am all for shots, lets go
We've got one graduating this year too. Time flies. I decided to screw having it at our house...and we rented the citys rec center for $80. I figured that's way cheaper than the carpet cleaner, re-doing my bathroom and cleaning like a nut. (before AND after)
Have a great party!
Bagman is out cold. I think he may have had a heart attack or a stroke. Or a series of strokes. Butler and I are rushing him to the hospital.
wow If I didn't have to work... you know how much i LOVE cleaning... Mark told Kelsey we would have a party for her graduation.. I think we'll move it to the park! The mints will be there and with them and alcohol.. who will even notice the house! Are you working Friday? I need to deliver the mints either to your house or work. Let me know. Cher
UG. Cleaning for a party is a thankless job. The damn house is a mess again after the first guest walks through the door anyway.
Good luck!
I'm in baby!
Oh wait, I live in California!
I hate when that happens;)
A maid is NOT that expensive, especially when you hire a "self employed" immigrant maid who likes to be paid in cash. Not that I am suggesting I do that. Oh, and it's really cheaper in the long run to just break down and purchase the Bissell steam cleaner if you have little dogs. Trust.
OMFG. I would be stone drunk in about ten minutes. You better count me out, because not only am I a lightweight, I have an aversion to cleaning that will bleed over to you and we will BOTH be stone drunk in ten minutes. Then where will you be? Call Mr Clean and start working his mop.
If you wear that outfit in the picture to the party, no one will care about the shape of your house. Trust me on this one.
You lost me at Costco and cake.
Then you started with cursing and drinking and I got back on board.
Just c-4 the place and go the McDonalds Funland and bring the cake.
Good luck! I totally understand the stress and hazards of planning a shin-dig!
If you are going to be wearing that to clean, I am flying all the way from the East Coast to help!
Congratulations on your son's graduation!
Wow he is graduating? I would just drink loads before the party and you wont care about cleaning. Or what anyone else thinks.
Give YOURSELF a graduation present and hire out as much of this as you can.
I recently broke down and bought my own carpet cleaner. It rocks and it is SO easy, especially if the maid has picked up and already vacuumed your carpets!
HA I live right here in the O H but am way behind on my own...I'd go with get everyone liquored up outside then let them in for facilities only. Just take the hose thru the bathroom window and spray it down :)
Post a Comment