Friday, May 22, 2009

Vegas Bound!

Look at the countdown on the right. IT'S VEGAS DAY!!!!

Omigosh I can't believe it's finally here. When I started that countdown there was like 70 some days. The time has flown by. And now, at 6:15 tonight (PST) I'll be landing in Vegas and meeting Linda and Darlene. All joking about me "having better luck picking up women than men on the internet" aside...I feel like I've known these two forever, and it will just be like seeing old friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Don't expect any blog posts from me while I'm gone...I'm on blogvacation. I've lined up several of my good friends....Simone, Amy, Won, Sandi and Jen to pitch hit for me until I get back. So be nice to them....leave them lots of comments and make them not regret doing this feel welcome. Oh, and if they are funnier than I am...too damn bad, you're MY readers and I will stalk you until you come back to me!

A few last minute items of business:

1. I couldn't decide what to wear so I basically packed my entire summer wardrobe into the biggest suitcase I can find. I'm prepared for anything. Linda is going to be scared shitless wondering if I'm actually relocating when she sees it. I have everything *except* pajamas. I don't own them. There better be a door on the guest bedroom or she may see far more of me than she ever, ever, wanted to.

2. Speaking of me naked...today's weigh in...I lost 3.1 lbs. Yay me! And I've lost 2" off my waist, 2" off my hips, 2 1/4" off my amazing rack (LOL), and half inch off my bat wings upper arms. Total weight loss just under 12 lbs, and according to WW that's an average of 1.7 lbs a week...a good healthy steady loss. I'm much happier this week than I was last week when I gained .6 of a lb!

3. I will probably upload a few pics to Facebook while I'm gone, only because it's super easy to do from my iPhone. Also, feel free to text me if you have my number. Danica, I expect a phone call...I assume you'll want to say hello to the girls!

4. It's a fact, I'm an anxious flyer. My plane leaves at 4:55. I'll be popping a Valium at 4:00, followed by a pre-board cocktail. Another drink on the plane, and I should successfully snooze most of the 4 hour flight. Just send good traveling vibes my way, will ya?

On that note, at noon I'm officially turning my blog over to my guest bloggers. First up... Simone. I'd rather she was meeting us in Vegas rather than filling in for me, but I'll catch her next trip.

I'm leaving you guys in good hands, and I expect you all to behave until I get back. I'll be back with a blog on Wednesday...it may not be a full recap as I don't get in until late Tuesday night, but I'll definitely post a teaser!

Love you all, "see" you Wednesday!

18 comments:

Paula said...

Have a FAB TIME. Hug across the pond.

Unknown said...

Be safe!
Have a Blast! (keep in mind, you must create blog fodder!)

~AM

Bagman and Butler said...

Have a great time. Send pictures.

Liz said...

Have an awesome time! We'll miss you! :)

Megryansmom said...

Have a great time, put $20 on 17 black!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Have fun Julie!!!!! Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures :)

Anonymous said...

I will definately give you gals a call!!! Maybe next time Simone and I can join you fine, wild, crazy ladies.

Be safe Julie and have fun! Give the girls my best.

Anonymous said...

Have fun.. create new wonderful happy memories..things here will be fine! Love ya...be careful, play a Barry Manilow slot for me will ya!


Cher

Andrea said...

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, unless of course you get married on a whim at the little white chapel. Then of course you must share all the gory details :)

Have fun!!

BlogPoster said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Harleygirl said...

Have a great time-you will be missed-looking forward to some pics on FB!!!!

Stephanie said...

Have the best time!

Tiffany said...

Behave? Do you know who you're talking to?

Have fun and don't freak out too many people with your nakedness.

Jennifer Suarez said...

Have a safe trip!! Have fun and remember, this time you get to make all new FUN memories with the girls. Enjoy it! Show Vegas that it's your bitch!

PS: Check out the FREE iphone app: AirMe it allows you to post pictures to twitter/flikcr and others real quick. Also I love the FREE app "tweetie". Great for posting tweets on the go. Those two apps helped me keep in touch with the bloggy world during our trip to Vegas. Check em out if your bored.

Jennifer Suarez said...

PPS: stick a 5 dollar bill in one of those GIANT slot machines for me will ya?

Sandi said...

Please have drink on me and put a $20 on Black 17 on the roulette table. I have had many many wins on that number! If you lose, I will replace your $20. If you win, you will forever remember me!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Have a great time...don't forget the bail money...I'm not too far away that I can't drive down to rescue you! I wish I was going to be there.

I'll hold down your blog and keep it safe and secure from any rowdies! LOL

Dr. Penny said...

Bon voyage, my friend! You are safer in a plane than a car and you do that every day. Practice for when you come to Texas next winter. Have a shit riot, as we used to say, and I will see you soon......