Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Rewind - Seven Random Facts About Me

As you know, it's my blogging day off, so here's a little rewind from October 1st. Enjoy!


Seven Random Facts about ME!!!!

OK, Liz tagged me so here are seven random facts about me.

1. I have taken college courses in every decade since the 70's. Yes, I'm that old, and still degreeless.

2. I used to emcee a male revue and also ran my friend's Strip-A-Gram business. There are worse things than looking at naked men and getting paid for it.

3. I was a bartender at a place called the Side Door in Lancaster for several years in the 80's. (I think it was the late 80's....most of that decade is still a blur!)

4. I write, eat, and put makeup on with my left hand. Everything else, I do with my right, such as bat, bowl, hold the hair dryer, use a mixer, cut with scissors, etc.

5. I secretly wish I could sing and have always wanted to take voice lessons. However if you have ever heard me, you know there isn't a voice teacher in the world who could make me sound good.

6. I almost broke my back bowling. True story.

7. I once had purple hair. By accident. Twenty five years later, friends will still sing "Purple Rain" to me and laugh.

Who else wants to play? Don't make me tag you! Volunteer, it's easier!!!!

13 comments:

Debz said...

I remember reading this and I still envy you for number 2.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

The Retired One said...

I love your list! And the fact that you worked with stripper men. You go, girl!!

The Retirement Chronicles

Marci said...

Your blog rocks! LOVE it~

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha, so now I can call you Stripper Slut Julie!!! I can think of worse jobs...so tell me about the stripper grams?? hahahaha Just messing with ya..I don't have 7 things about me, I suck or at least 7 worthy things

Phat Mama said...

Yes, tell us about the stripper grams..

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm with Deb. I envy you with number 2 as well. Such hard work, looking at naked men.

pilgrimchick said...

That must have been some pretty extreme bowling. I hope you won for all of that effort.

Fragrant Liar said...

Okay, no more penis cracks from you, my dear!!

Nice list. I just don't think I can even compete. No, really. I can't. You win. ;)

travel girl said...

Totally random thing:

I have dreamt of you two nights in a row. I remember the dreams when I first wake up but, after I go back to sleep, I can't remember.

Mmmm....

That Janie Girl said...

girl. I bet you're cute with purple hair!

King of New York Hacks said...

Don't we laugh when purple rain plays anyway ? LOL

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Julie, Nice list. I'm impressed. Naked stripper guys? Cool.;-)

jaded said...

i can't think of anything better than getting paid to look at naked men! i am completely right handed, yet i drive with my left...

Julie - i'd love to know how else you may have come close to breaking your back...hmmmmm