Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The season's "must have" fashion accessory?



As we've established, time and time again, there is no cooler fashion accessory on all the planet than a petite pooch. Teacup poodles, bichon frises, Chihuahuas, you name it -- if it can fit in a purse, it's fashion gold.

I know. I have one who does. Meet Gracie.





But for those times when you need something more functional, there is evidently a new product out...a fanny pack for your little precious.

Now this may be helpful for when you need to be hands-free, but still want your favorite fur-covered fashion accessory by your side.

However, my fear is that I would forget I had Gracie strapped to my ass, then I'd sit down and squash her like a grape. She may be a sturdy 4 lbs but even she couldn't survive this booty.

Is it just me or if you're going to take the dog for a walk, shouldn't it actually touch the ground? And if you're the one in need of exercise, leave Rover at home...don't make him slap your ass with every step.

Well, unless you're into that thing!

33 comments:

Debz said...

OMG, I actually feel bad for the poor dog. That really seems cruel to me.

Izzy said...

I think I fell of the couch laughing at your blog this morning. Thanks, I needed that...

And, I do agree, no living thing should accessorize one's wardrobe...

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

this is too funny!!!! and looks highly uncomfortable!!! I cant imagine just banging up against someone ass while they are walking...Im sure this poor little thing wish she would have left him at home!!!!!

The Retired One said...

OMG, that is disturbing!!!!
Poor dog will no longer need his legs if she keeps this up!
Too funny!

Unknown said...

UGH! Imagine the poor pup, getting motion sickness and puking down her leg... Oh yeah, she'll look *hot* then!
Nope! This does not work for me...a dog is a dog. Treat them like a dog and they will behave like a dog. They need exercise by walking on a leash!
When I rescued my (empty nester) mutt, my kids were expecting to have their e-mail boxes flooded with pictures of my little dog all dressed up. Never happened, never will. I've had four kids, I dressed them, they looked cute...my dog looks like a dog.
Oh my...My comment is longer than your post. sorry!
~AM

shutter girl said...

That's just wrong on many levels. Poor pooch!

Anonymous said...

Wrong, wrong wrong. Period. HA

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Oh no! But your Gracie is adorable!!

Bagman and Butler said...

Bagman thinks you should get a fanny pouch large enough for him!

Unknown said...

Your Gracie is adorable and I'm so glad to hear that you'd never subject her to such frivolity. What a stupid, stupid, stupid idea!

Jane

Joanie said...

He looks like he's strangling. Poor Poochie.

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Hahaha too funny!!

Jennifer Suarez said...

Oh that poor dog!!! That's just awful! The weirdest thing is the dog actually looks HAPPY, WTF?!

Tiffany said...

Aww Gracie is cute!! And could you imagine strapping on MY fatass bulldog? Yea I might strap her to a fucking dog sled. Hell what am I talking about. BOTH of us could use a damn walk.

Doggie ass pack + skinny ass celebrity = Double fucking NO.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I feel for the dog...but your post was the funniest thing...I visualized....a poor pup in the fanny pack....the image has stayed with me all morning. Thanks for making me smile.

Allison said...

LOL Maybe I should get one for my aunt. She currently pushes her little dog, Chico, around in a stroller. Really.

Tuesday Taylor said...

Ok, Gracie is ADORABLE! But seriously, what's the point of taking a walk if you don't let the effin dog WALK? Exercise is good for their little hearts! Jesus!

Gertrude Groggins - said...

Oh my... That's just so... poor puppies!!

Kim said...

This is right up there with the dog/cat strollers I blogged about last week!

Anonymous said...

My poor dog would have brain damage from being hit by my ass with every step. I know my ass is big and it would hurt that poor dog. That is just ridiculous I tell ya!

Phat Mama said...

As soon as I saw this picture, I cracked up laughing and then felt bad for that precious dog!

Then I LOL'd at your ass/squash like a grape comment - I can so relate!

Love this post. :)

Oh, and I want your dog, please!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Gracie looks as if she's saying, "Put me in that fanny pack and you're going to see another side of me."

She's adorable. I used to have a yorkie that would go into cardiac arrest at least three times a week. Scary!

Belle's Blog said...

That poor baby! But you have to say pretty funny ! lol My boxer would break my hips ! lol Have a great one!

bj said...

Poor little doggie...

Fragrant Liar said...

Aw Gracie is sweet. My mom has a yorkie whose name is Fergie (Furrie, to Miss America), and that is the most spoiled dog on the planet. She has yet to carry her around in a fanny pack, but I know she's thinking about it. On my mom's bum, all that bouncing would give him a concussion.

Stephanie said...

Oh my..poor pup. That doesn't seem quite right!

My Moon said...

I have this visual of my Australian Shepherd on my side in one of those things. I wouldn't be able to carry her for one thing but it's a funny visual anyway! Ok I'm tired and being silly!!! Just wanted to let you know I read your NASCAR post and I'm still laughing. Pretty funny and soooo true!!! lol...

Deanna Bland Hiott PhD, MSN, RN said...

Gracie is adorable! The dog fanny pack, well, not so much...however, I enjoyed a great laugh, thanks:) Who thinks up the things?

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Ha! But seriously, they might want to market this to marathon runners. That way when they have shit running down their legs, they can blame it on the dog.

jaded said...

oh for heaven's sake!!! wrong...just wrong...
on another note, Gracie is just a cutie!

are you still up for meeting up in Ohio?

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I wonder if they make them big enough for a standard poodle? That would make it easier than lugging Gryphon around over my shoulders all day long, don'tcha think?

travel girl said...

Funny!

I couldn't strap my dog on my hip like that. She weighs 70lbs!

Girl Tornado said...

That is just wrong on so many levels. Poor lil puppy! But on a happier note, your Gracie is an adorable one. :)