Monday, May 11, 2009

Really? Am I the only one?

Doesn't everybody hang their clothes in the closet according to color? And facing the same direction? (That direction being left!)



It's not like I'm so anal that I insist on all the same colors of hangers....

Yet.

It's only 6am.

41 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Monday, Julie!
~AM

Leesa said...

Not sure I am brave enough to take a picture of my closet.

Paula said...

I agree with Leesa. I am not brave enough to take a pic of my closet. Have agreat day.

T said...

Not by color - by season! All the warm weather clothes on one side, the cold on the other!

And yes, all in the SAME direction.

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Mine looks just like yours! If my hubby turns something around I HATE it!! Don't feel wierd :)

Unknown said...

I'm also anal about my closet and have everything grouped, hanging on good wood or thick plastic hangers and definitely all facing the same way, to the right in my case! Maybe because I'm right handed?

Megryansmom said...

Good Monday Morning! Just spreading some belated Mother's Day cheer through the Blogoverse.

WTF is wrong with you Julie! At least keep the hangars in order by color if you can't pop the 88 cents to buy all the same ones! Sheesh! I am sooo disappointed!

Lori L. Clark Art said...

LOL! I do hang my clothes by color mostly. But then I further break it down. Tank tops, short sleeved shirts, turtle necks, sweaters. LOL! OCD at its finest.

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing!

Liz said...

*sheepishly raising hand* I can't help it...it's the accountant in me :) All colors together the fronts facing left. But, I take it a step further...I put all my button downs together, all my short sleeved tops together and all my tanks together....

The Retired One said...

I just recently set up my closet the same way. But then, now, I heard that you should turn the hangers the other way as you wear your clothes. Then, after a year, any hanger not "turned" means you don't wear it and you should donate it away. Makes sense!!!

Kim said...

Definitely in the same direction. Colors? Nope.

I am in the process of buying all wooden hangers, though, and getting rid of the plastic ones.

Anonymous said...

I remember when it wasn't that way.. things weren't even ON hangers!!!



Cher

Debz said...

Um...no. I'm lucky if they even make it TO the closet. This weeks laundry is still hanging in the laundry room. At least it is on hangers though and not just balled up on the dryer, that's something.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

Same direction (left) yes - by color, omg no. Besides there aren't that many ways to organize green, brown, gray and black.

~CC~ said...

I do the same thing; AND I only use plastic hangers. I really don't like metal hangers and all I can hear everytime I say that is "no more wire hangers!" from Mommy Dearest. lol Wow! I like the idea about hanging them the opposite way once you wear them. I might try doing that too.

Anonymous said...

Yes you ARE the only one, nutcase... rofl
Good Lord I am lucky enough that they are all hanging. I do have them all hanging the same way, that would bug me if not. I have them by seasons more than anything. I have so much mom clothes and that is it lolol. You need a life, hahahaha, just kidding

Sandi said...

Can you say, "OCD"?

Julie D said...

@Leesa - this is half the closet. You can't see the shelf above. For a reason. LOL

@T - Ah, I have two closets for that. The computer room (3rd bdrm) holds the off season clothes.

@MRM - Oh for God's sake, even I can't drill down that far to coordinate hangers too. LOL

@Lorielle - Um yeah. I do that with winter stuff. I don't hang up tank tops usually, however in my closet the colors are then sorted by sleeve length...

@Retired...I like that idea!

@Cheri...ha! Are *yours* hung up yet? 30 years ago my clothes were on the floor for a reason. ;)

@Deb...hello? what's with the sexy new picture?

@Missy...that's why you love me, it takes one whackjob to know another...

Julie D said...

Oh yeah, and the other side of the closet is where all the jeans and pants are. And yes, they are color coordinated in groups. Jeans first, sorted by color. Then dress pants, then capris, etc.

I am OCD when it comes to my closet.

And my dishwasher. I sort everything going IN, so unloading is much simpler!

michelle huey said...

i do the exact same thing! i'm glad to know i'm not the only one. thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Suarez said...

Um... yeah you probably wouldn't want to look in my closet. All directions, all colors, all seasons. It's like a lovefest in there. Heck some items have even decided to start an orgy on the closet floor!

The Retired One's idea about the hangers though... AWESOME idea. If I had an ounce of organization in there, I'd love to do that.

Dr. Penny said...

LOLOL -- you and Lisa have the same closet issues. Her roomies in college used to tease the shit out of her for this. Mine is just organized by season and since I follow summer everywhere, it ain't very organized!!!

Tiffany said...

Of course clothes must face left. That's a clothing rule I'm sure.

Jane! said...

Thank you for that bit of validation.
My question is why would anyone NOT put their clothes in color order.

Um... are your spices alphabetized, too? Mine certainly are.

Mindy said...

I'm left-handed. My clothes all hang facing the right. I don't hang them all in like-colors, but instead in like-types. Button down short-sleeves together, pull-overs with ruffles, without ruffles, long sleeve button down, etc.
Wonder what that says?

Coloradolady said...

You could not see my closets...they are a mess....just like the outside...check out my post today for a chuckle...it may never be posted with the like again!! Have a great week!!

Coloradolady said...

LOL Julie....I guess I did not think that was a gardening tip!! But, hey, you never know!!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm not color conscious about my closet but I am type conscious...meaning all tank tops go together, all jeans, all t-shirts, etc.

It just makes it so much easier for me to see what I have to work with.

But, if you'd like to come over and color arrange my clothes, I sure wouldn't complain! ;)

Anonymous said...

still laughing here....I am definately a whack job..that is probably why we get along rofl.....

sue said...

Totally unrelated to your post. I saw your comment at Colorado Lady and couldn't help but laugh. My last boss always said we needed to do just that. But she never told me how either.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Happy MOnday Julie...and yes, my closet looks just like yours...same colors even....I thought you had made a picture of mine. It is uncanny.

Bagman and Butler said...

No, but you do arrange your clothes according to the colors of the spectrum.

Ash said...

LOL - ROY G BIV baby - left to right.

When I have 3.4 seconds to get something on my body before th 6-year-old runs in, I better be organized.

Great minds ... :-)

Fragrant Liar said...

If I had a camera, I'd take a pic of my closet for you. I'm pretty organized, but my closet makes me look anal. I'm not (well, not MUCH), but the closet is so big and with so many sections and levels that it's easy to keep it looking neat. I don't separate by color, but by type of clothes. For instance, I have winter shirts in one section, summer shirts in another, dress pants in one section, jeans in another -- yes I hang my jeans, but only because I have the space to do it. That's the answer to a tidy closet: space.

Anonymous said...

nice half closet lol Mines a mess , will always be a mess ..that's why they have doors! right?

yulz said...

mine's also like yours ( when I'm having a FREE time ) haha my life being pretty hectic lately :(

Vegas Linda Lou said...

YOU SCARE ME!!!

Of course, all my cute little Ross Dress-for-Less shirts are arranged according to color! You can see for yourself a week from Friday!!!

Mocha Dad said...

It's this the only way to hang clothes in the closet?

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit like Lorielle and Mindy.
Everything hung to the left, but not color coordinated...everything's grouped according to type: short sleeve tops, long sleeve knits etc.

The idea of turning the hangar the other way to see what you're not wearing would probably thin out my closet in half! LOL

Spirity

Girl Tornado said...

I DO hang them facing the same way, but not by color. Probably more by season, and like by like - pants together, t-shirts together, dress shirts together...

Thx for stopping by my blog... I hope to be getting a new professional blog design by June! :)