Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little things thrill me the most.

So last month when it first started getting warmer here in the state with ridiculous weather all year round sunny Ohio, I pulled out my jean capris and was going to wear them one day.

They didn't fit.

That's right, I could barely drag the fuckers pants up over my hips, although I did get them that far, but buttoning or zipping was nothing short of a fantasy.

Which sort of confused me because I weighed exactly the same as I did when I wore them last. So what, does fat start to liquefy and spread? Or maybe now that my son measured me as 5'7 1/2", when I have been 5'9" my entire life, it's indicative of how since I'm getting shorter, I'm also getting wider?

Really, will three herniated disks cause you to lose an inch and a half in height? Or did I just have far bigger hair for years?

I haven't talked a lot about it, but I've been doing Weight Watcher's Online for almost a month now. (I keep the little handy dandy weight loss ticker at the bottom of my blog, if anyone cares to follow it.) My goal is to lose 10 lbs. a month. I haven't weighed in this week yet, I do that Thursday, but it's my belief I will reach that first 10 lb. goal when I do.

I feel really good, I feel like I have my eating under control, I'm eating far better (healthier and more natural foods) than I probably ever have, and I'm actually exercising. Yes, you read that right. I work up a sweat of some sort daily. And no, there is no nudity involved. Dammit.

Anyway....back to the story....

So this morning as I was contemplating my work wardrobe I saw these damn capris hanging there, taunting me, and I thought to myself, those can be my first "goal" clothes...and when I get in them, I'll know I've redistributed the fat lost some weight. Because let's face it, at this point I've just lost 7 1/2 lbs, and on somebody my size that's not enough to even notice.

But I tried them on anyway.

And I would like to publicly announce that not only am I wearing them at work today...but they are not even tight! They fit quite comfortably!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have to suck my stomach in back to my spine, nor do I have anything Spanx on! (and I swear it had nothing to do with the baby oil gel I put on when I got out of the shower, greasing my legs so the damn things would slide on!)

Little things thrill me the most. Even if it's just fitting back into a pair of pants.

In a related note, I saw an ex-boyfriend this morning. I wouldn't mind fitting back into HIS pants. LOL

31 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Whoo hoo...congratulations on getting into your pants! (I'm holding my hand firmly over Bagman's mouth to avoid the comment he would surely make). I am not as dedicated as you, but have lost about 5 pounds this month. Although 5 pounds could just be water weight and I could have gained them all back when I hit the scales this morning. But kudos to you and your pants! Bagman says: "Mmmfffmfmmfff."

Holy Crappers said...

Congrats! WW is great.
I too have been watching, not following any specific diet, just watching and am feeling much better these days.

#1

Unknown said...

good job, good job, Julie! Truly, it is the little things!
~AM

T said...

Way to go Julie! I love WW and I'm just starting to get BACK on the band wagon (fell off pretty hard).

I love your blog, I see myself in a lot of your postings and you never fail to make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

congratulations...i totally forgot about ww in the middle of tournaments and haven't entered a thing in two weeks. Just realized that this morning and bam- you type about it. :) need to get back on track

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how you can weigh the same and some things still don't fit? Well, not exactly funny, funny, but really strange!

Good on you for keeping to your goals!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Julie!!! I knew you could do it!!!! So proud of you. Now, join the Y with me and we'll get our sweat on!

Keeper Of All Things said...

Good for you!!

Debz said...

Girl, that's NOT a little thing. I remember when I got my jeans on over the winter and was able to zip and button them without being uncomfortable. That made me the happiest I had been in a long time. I mean truly happy, ya know?

You put the pressure on though. I need to get back on track (I fell off the wagon before Drews wedding and I think I bumped my head cause I CANT FIND THE DAMN WAGON NOW) to losing a few more pounds. I'd like to lose 40, but small steps. 10 would be awesome.

Keep up the good work Jules!

bj said...

Believe me, girlfriend, losing
7 1/2 lbs is NO LITTLE THING...it's BIG. Congrats on getting back into those capris..
and good luck losing all you want to lose. You can do it, you know!!
xo bj

jewelrybyrebecca said...

WooHoo, good for you!!!

Now you can top that off with an award. I gave you one, go see.

Liz said...

Now THAT is some awesome news for an ugly Wednesday! Congrats!!! Keep up the great job on the weight loss!

The Retired One said...

Don't knock 7 1/2 pounds...that is a great accomplishment. Sounds like you are motivated and determined, so I know you will do it!

Lori L. Clark Art said...

Awesome! :) I just started bootcamp yesterday. Before the class, they assess everyone. Weigh you in, measure you, do a BMI calculation, blah blah blah... Then we ran/walked a mile. When I went around the track and felt my fat bouncing, she said to think of it as the fat falling off. Yeah right! LOL! Good luck, Julie! The destination is so much greater than the journey. Alledgedly.

jill jill bo bill said...

GOOD for you, Jules!!! I am so proud. ANd it is SOOO much more gratifying to get back into the old favorites, because ya know how HOTT we looked back then. That goes for the guys, too....

BlogPoster said...

That's great news! Congratulations! Don't belittle it. That's not a small amount.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That does feel so good and most importantly you're going to be healthy (want to slap me yet?)...

Tiffany said...

Way to go!! I'm also secretly trying to lose some weight. BUT maybe waiting til July and just sweating my ass off in the hot Louisiana heat will do it. Hmm I'll have to test my hypothesis.

Kim said...

Yay! That's great news - you should be proud.

I have noticed my clothes not fitting as nicely lately. I have starting walking with my neighbor, though I definitely need to do it more than once a week!

Allison said...

Julie, that's fantastic! And that, right there, is what we call a non-scale victory. While you're seeing changes on the scale, obviously you're experiencing even bigger changes to your body shape! That's great!! Congratulations--I'm really proud of you!

If you ever need any tips or anything about WW, let me know. I figured out how best to make the program work for me. But it sounds like you're doing awesome if you've lost 10 pounds in the first month!!!

Emily said...

Great job, girl! It's a good feeling being able to get back into clothes that didn't fit! Little victories!!! :)

Jennifer Suarez said...

CONGRATS!!! Fitting into something that was tight before is SUCH a great feeling. Enjoy it, you deserve it!

Phat Mama said...

Fitting back into his pants!

That made me choke on my tea!

Congrats on those pants - as a curvy girl, I know how awesome that is. :)

Harleygirl said...

AWESOME!! Good for you Julie and 7.5 lbs is not some little thing-very good-I love WW and need to get back on it myself-sorta strayed a little!! Keep up the good work!!

Lilly said...

Congrtulations to you!!! Well done. Shite I am 5ft 9 too and havent bothered to measure myself for a log while either - we do get shorter supposedly which is good because I just get to wear higher heels!! Anyway good on you, you are taking conrol of your life and wont regret it!!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Congrats on the pants. That is such a wonderful feeling. Keep up the good work.

Coloradolady said...

Way to go!! Ex-boyfriend huh??? Sounds interesting....do tell!

travel girl said...

Awesome for you dear!!

Umm.. Vegas will be looking forward to your visit:)

Tiffany said...

Way to go!!! Wear those jean capris with pride Girlfriend!

sheila said...

Awesome for you! And don't feel bad...I'm shrinking too. I've lost a full 1/2 inch since high school 25 yrs ago.

Girl Tornado said...

I'm with you on the weight frustrations... I've gained an easy 25 since my move to KS. *sigh* Congrats to you for the motivation to start losing, I'm jealous!!

And well I know the thrill of getting something on that didn't fit a few months ago. Back in '06 I lost a good 20 lbs, and was wearing stuff I hadn't worn in years... well, I mean, it fit, but I ended up giving it to Goodwill because it was out of fashion. But it was a good excuse to go shopping for new clothes! :) And what fun that was.