Thursday, May 21, 2009

It goes without saying....but I'll say it anyway!



Coming in second on American Idol will be the best thing that ever happened to Adam Lambert. He will go on to a huge career, while Kris Allen will end up an Idol along the likes of Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks. One obligatory album and then he'll be just a fond memory.

Not that Kris isn't a decent singer. He was just sooooooooo bland. He reminded me of non-alcoholic beer. Yeah, it tastes the same, but the happy feeling you get from it just isn't there.

Adam, on the other hand, wow! And to see him and Kiss performing together??? Are you kidding me??? Good God, I hadn't been that excited in months! I was couch dancing and rockin' my Glambert status. And it makes me very happy that now Adam has the freedom to be the kind of artist he wants to be...and not a product of the AI machine.

I realize Gokey's votes had to go somewhere, and the Christian movement that backed him certainly wouldn't vote for a guy who wears eyeliner and likes boys. So I expected Kris to win.

Doesn't mean the best man won though.



If I were 20 years younger and had a penis, I'd be all over this boy.

I just wanna dip him up on a chip. Mmmm.

Rawrrrrrl.

22 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

I adore you because,you say exactly what we are all thinking. Kind of like a female Simon Cowell,whom I also adore.Thanks

Izzy said...

I am so glad to read this post this morning... Seems everyone I know wanted Kris to win and he sounds just like everyone else on the radio these days. I so wanted something different, something new/old, dammit I wanted old school rock to make a come back. But you are so right, Adam will be able to go out and do something better than the AI thang. He will be a rock star...

Philly said...

I so agree with you. When Adam came out in that outfit and couldn't imagine who is was singing with.
I was very upset with the outcome, but you are right, Adam will have a great career.
I think I am done with AI. Nobody ever wins that I vote for, yeah that's right, I vote.

Anonymous said...

OMG I love Adam and was happy (sad at first) to hear he didn't win because you are SO RIGHT about him making a record. He'll be a big star.

Kris was not my favorite. He'll make a record and that will be it. Adam will be far reaching and will make millions of dollars and lots of records!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and to see Adam sing with Kiss was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

alrighty then.. what more can be said....


Cheri

Vegas Linda Lou said...

If I were 20 years younger and had a penis, I'd be all over this boy.Seriously, when you were a little girl, did you ever think that someday you'd be writing those words?

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Ugggggh!!! I know! I totally agree. It seems like everybody thought Kris was just okay. I have no idea how me made it this far, much less win. Whatever, I'll buy Adam's CD way before his!

Dr. Penny said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Didn't think about Danny's votes going to Kris because of the Christian right, therefore I was absolutely as shocked over Kris's win as I was over Shawn's win on Stars(I feel the same way about Gilles that you feel about Adam only I wouldn't want a penis around that Frenchman -- about 2 minutes with him and my high school French classes would all come back to me in a rush!). I was appalled that Adam didn't win, but you are right: he has a much better chance on his own and he will not disappear by any means!!!! Anyone who can fit right in with the Kiss gang HAS to be a star......

travel girl said...

I don't watch American Idol but maybe I should start:)

Can't wait for TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coloradolady said...

Great post! And I totally agree, I was SHOCKED that he did not win, I thought what the heck?!?!?

I guess people could not wrap themselves around his image...so stupid...he clearly had the most talent on the show this year.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I don't watch AI either but I'm so happy and excited for you guys to head to Vegas!! You're going to have a great time. Just bring plenty of bail money, just in case.

Helen said...

Adam will end up with more money, more fame and more Idol worship.

In some way, I believe he was 'done in' by the judges and their anointing him winner before the final vote.

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

O.M.G. I just about fell off my chair...

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

Adam will do way better on his own than under the wing of AI. The only thing that really bugs me about Adam is when he sings high and he sticks out his tongue. That really bugs! I love that he is GAY and is different. I hope he does well...I know he will do well.

BlogPoster said...

I am not 20 years younger but I do have a penis. God already created woman. No offense, Julie but I have much better uses for my penis than this pretty boy. ;-) Sorry, Adam!

Elle said...

Hi. I just started following this blog LOVE IT! If Elvis and Kurt Russell could have a child, it would look just like Adam. Anyone else see this, or is it just my warped, overactive imagination ?

Anonymous said...

You know the judges are thinkin' just that. It was a great PR move.

Stephanie said...

Hee hee. Dip him on a chip :)
I agree Adam will go further on his own. Kris needs AI

sheila said...

That is soooooooo true. He won't be locked into that Idol contract and probably go further. We were split at our house. And honestly, I could care less. I thought it was kinda funny that Adam got to sing with KISS and Kris with a country singer. lol.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Adam will have a career FOREVER. He'll be the big rock star now and when he's an older he'll rock Vegas. What a talent!

Strongblkwmn said...

I bet Adam is glad he doesn't have to sing that awful song Kara wrote.