GAINED .6 lb.
Seriously????????? How the fuck does that happen when I'm eating less and exercising more? I'm staying within my points every day, and breaking a sweat consistently. I even joined the Y and worked out for an hour last night.
Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I know, I know. It's a marathon, not a sprint. But it would be nice to see some reward to your hard work, you know?
I'm going to go scream in the shower now. And try not to do what I would usually do which is say "screw it, I'm just meant to be fat" and eat a dozen donuts.
24 comments:
You are worried about a .6 gain? This stuff never goes away in a straight line. Butler is so geeky that he often writes the weigh-in numbers on an Excel Spreadsheets, then charts a graph and -- here's the trick -- add a trendline. That way the little upward ticks don't bother you as long as the trend line keeps going down.
Bagman thinks you are just fine as you are. Of course.
This stuff never disappears easily and a bit of again is just so normal. In addition: Exercises turns fat into muscles. Muscles arent weightless either!!!! No need for a hard time.
It gets tough after we've reached that 4-0 mark, age really works against us. But stop beating yourself up, you are doing a great job. Hell, I was happy that I lost .6 pounds this weeks as I had lost nothing the prior two weeks. Don't give up. Throw the damn doughnut out the window and pat yourself on the back. =)
I also call muscle!
I'm with the others. Muscle weighs more than fat. But there will always be some fluctuations. Time of the month and all that nonsense. You know us women change weight with the ebb and flow of the tides for crying out loud.
I love being a woman.
This is that small stuff you are NOT supposed to be sweating... or petting. I always get those confused.
I also think it's .6 of Muscle!
Maybe weigh in every week, but don't look. Just have your WW person write it down quietly and only look at your results once a month...
Been there done that ... did ww for years ... drives you crazy doesn't it !!!
Twelve years ago, I lost 30lbs and it took 6 months. I had many weeks like you just had so hang tight baby:)
Muscle weighs more than fat, so be proud of yourself!
When I train for a big run (1/2 marathon) I eat less and run at least an hour a day. On long runs I run for two or three hours. I gain weight!
Period!
Your commenters are right on the money. You will gain a bit as you work out more
Julie, Step away from the donuts and no one will get hurt. Hang in there, beautiful! You are only "meant" to be fat if you give up when the going gets tough. You CAN do it!!!!
I'm not really buying into the "muscle" thing, I mean how much muscle does one build walking or doing some stretching in a week?
Don't worry, I'm nowhere near donuts. I had FF yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. I'm not giving up by any means, if nothing else this just fueled my fire!!!
Imagine what that number would be if you hadn't worked out and ate healthy? It would be +6 lbs. Give yourself a break - you're doing great!
I had the EXACT same morning. Up .6. Sets a rotten tome for the weekend. I'm hoping your lovely posters are right...muscle?
Julie your body is probably holding on to water to help with the repairing of the muscles that you are using. Just go with it, I promise it will get better.
part of deciding to make a commitment like losing weight means that you have to be willing to accept that there will be ups and downs. This really isnt that bad...and muscle weighs more and if you are working out that much then you are building muscle....so dont give up...sounds like you are doing GREAT!!!
Honey its muscle, esp if you are exercising more. When I first started, I didn't lose shit for 10 weeks...Seriously! It was because I was working out so hard. BUT I did notice a change in my clothes,shape, etc. Now its finally coming off, little by little...hang in there, I am with you
That is the crazy thing about WW-there would be times I would go in for the WI and think I know I have gained-I used a lot of flex points this week and would end up losing-then follow the points and now flex points and gain!-ugh-.6 is nothing-no where close to a pound!!-I found that I was not drinking all the water-drink more water and you will see a loss next week!!-Hang in there-so proud of you!
I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! Believe me! You look so forward to seeing that scale go down and when it doesn't it is so disappointing! I have found when I have weeks like that it is usually water and it will catch up next week! Hang in there, I know you will! I can tell you are determined!
We have a room for you, and we can walk together and splash in the pool and you won't worry about weight.....and then it will start melting off.
It leaves in jumps and stalls out, then the next jump is a bit better. Honest.....
stop weighing yourself and go by how your clothes feel.
Yep, I couldn't have said it better than any of the other commenters. It really depends on the time you weigh in. Plus, muscles do have weight too so it could very well be that you are toning up. Good for you for joining the Y.
I have absolutely, positively been there.
You say you're staying within your points, but you are eating ALL of your points??? I know when I started eating healthier there were times when I struggled to eat everything I was supposed to in a day and that would sabotage me.
It will catch up to you--just stick with it. Losing weight is SO frustrating. I never found that good balance between eating and exercising where I could exercise and still lose weight. My body is just weird like that.
((HUGS))
Maybe you're gaining muscle mass? Since muscle weighs more than fat, that's a good thing. As long as your pants aren't tighter, not to worry. You're still progressing.
Post a Comment