
OH.
MY.
GOD.
Heart is coming.
I'm about to pass out.

You have to understand. I have two all time favorite, will break anybody's fingers who tries to change the radio station if one of their songs is playing, own every album or CD they've done, groups.
The Eagles.
And.
Heart.
The Eagles are in town next Sunday. I have tickets.
And now my equally favorite group Heart is coming.
There is no female group on the planet that rocks like the Wilson sisters do. Never has been, never will be. They are who every female rocker evolved from. Ain't nobody like Heart.

Now, in 2009 I get to see my two favorite bands, live and in concert, within three months of each other.
It appears my 48th year on this planet is going to be a very, verrrrrry good one.
28 comments:
julie...those two ladies can sing! You are in for a very good year!!!!
Happy Friday!
~AM
I'm envious. I missed the Eagles when they were in Charleston. Okay. Truth. My wife and I are too lazy to actually go anywhere. But a friend who saw them said they cracked him up when they first came out and said, "Welcome to..." Hmm. They might say the same thing in Ohio. Better not spoil it for you. Even if I am envious.
AH YA!!! I puffy heart HEART!!!!
Great song choice jules, but my ALL TIME FAV Heart song...
"All I wanna do is make love to you"
I will stop whatever I'm doing when that song comes on the radio - and don't dare try to talk to me during it. Love, love, love Heart.
Sounds like you are going to be having some good concert fun!
I will be online today to buy tickets to see Cold Play in Cincinnati.
The Eagles on your birthday? What a perfect way to celebrate! Yay!
I wanna go to Heart!!! You have a very good year ahead of you!
Wait who the hell is heart? I think I'm too young for this... ;-)
Boy do I feel two massive hangovers coming on for you. LOL. What a wonderful way to spend your birthday as well as the month. Remember to take two aspirins before the drinking begins. Oh yeah, bring me back a couple T-shirts, size XXL please.
Steve, The Coward said...
About 80 people attended the Big Book meeting at 7. And when they asked for any "annuals" (meaning sober anniversaries) I got to tell them, "Yeah, ME! 35 years"
Steve,
You never once mentioned JESUS CHRIST in your ravings!
Your "babblings," were all about Steve! Steve! Steve!
TWELVE STEPS AWAY FROM CHRIST
Mr. Bill Wilson, who was heavily influenced by demons, was founder of Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) and creator of the twelve-step program.
Chapter sixteen (p. 275f) of 'Pass It On' The Story of Bill Wilson and how the A.A. message reached the world records Mr. Wilson's use of the ouija board, participation in séances, psychic events, "spook sessions", table levitation, and how he would receive "messages" from "discarnate" spirits.
Bill Wilson was clearly in contact with demons, and this is the man who created the deceptive twelve-step program.
Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understood Him. (Step #11.) The last part of this statement ("as we understood Him") is enough to damn your soul! God says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.(Proverbs 3:5).
This is the exact opposite of "God as we understood Him." All men, according to Romans 1:18-32, are condemned before God, because they rely upon their own understanding (Romans 1:21; Ephesians 4:18, "having their understanding darkened"), and they create (in their own darkened minds) a god of their own making (Romans 1:23).
To encourage people to turn their "lives over to the care of God as we understood Him", is to encourage people to "turn their lives over to a god of their own making" (i.e. according to their own understanding).
This promotes nothing more than spiritual death (Revelation 22:15). In addition, these twelve steps are a deceitful attack against the saving work of the Lord Jesus Christ (i.e. they are against Christ, anti-Christ, 2 John 7; Colossians 2:8-10).
The twelve steps are (as Mr. Wilson used them) given as an answer (a way) in which one can overcome sin (with Mr. Wilson's case, the sin of drunkenness).
Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer for sin. He is the only way (John 14:6). There is only ONE "step", and that is faith in the Saviour (Ephesians 2:8/Matthew1:21/John 8:36/Romans10: 13!
The above exemplifies the "twelve steps" are what are used to "become free from addictive, compulsive" behaviour (i.e. sin). In other words, the twelve steps are the saviour!
No doubt it is deceptive, because "Biblical principles" are interwoven throughout; but if they weren't, few (if any) would be deceived. One good question to ask would be, "Where does Scripture talk about any 'twelve steps'"? The answer? Nowhere!
These twelve steps come from Satan (via Bill Wilson), who is the master deceiver (Revelation 12:9). Remember, SATAN used Scripture to tempt Christ (Matthew 4:6), and Balaam spoke much truth (Numbers 23-24); but he was a false prophet (2 Peter 2:15-16/Numbers 22).
In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus warned, Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Jesus likewise warned in Luke 13:24, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
OMG...LOL
I'm getting blog spammed by an AA Bible Thumper?
I have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well of course your 48th year will be a great one! You're coming to Vegas to meet me:)
And I heart, Heart:)
Yes, Heart rocks - Nancy Wilson is an unbelievable guitar player. Too bad her sister can't sing. (Down, girl! I was just KIDDING!) Of course, Stevie and Christine are my two favorite female rockers, but that's what makes the world go 'round. (Of course, I'm a rock princess, so I HAD to comment on this post.) Enjoy the shows! (AA Bible-Blog Thumpers... Who knew?)
Heart is going to be in Nebraska too...I so want to go to that!!! Those girls ROCK!!!!!
Love Heart! Have a great time!
One of my favorites too.
Also i LOVE Fleetwood Mac!!!!
LOVES 'EM!!!!
Hey Julie that is my birthday--are you wrapping up a ticket for me as a present? LOL
Can you sneak your voice recorder in on the Eagles concert? I so want to see the Eagles in concert!!! What a great year for you!!!!
Oh I love the Eagles and sadly dont know much about Heart other than a few hits they had. IT MUST be your year so go for it and enjoy. What a brilliant birthday present, the Eagles.
Mickey, What the fuck???
Sorry, back to our regular programming. So HEART! I am so envious! Heart is my all-time fave girl rock band too. Wilson girlies can do no wrong! I wish they were coming to Austin. Wait, I don't even know if they're coming to Austin. I must check.
And the Eagles! OMG. That will be an awesome concert. I have always been in love with Timothy (although my fave poet is Mr. Henley. They are just so stinkin' cute!
(sigh) Have a great time, and you must blog about both concerts. I need a good drool.
not to be a downer... buuuut...i went and saw heart here in hawaii..the venue was a ballroom of one of the resort hotels...it was so effing loud (terrible acoustics) that i couldn't hear properly afterwards. and then...i developed ringing in the effing ears which has never stopped. no shit. i hate it when that happens. so just a warning ..they are L.O.U.D. i would strongly recommend ear plugs (and i'm not kidding)
I remember when we saw them in concert..many years ago!
Cher
Mmmm, maybe I need to convince A. he really wants to take me.
I would love to see them live.
Heart.. I am envious!
oh I feel ya on Heart - Last time i heard them live was sitting outside Folsom Field in Boulder, as they opened for the Stones! Styx and REO Speedwagon will be in Phoenix in a few weeks and I want to go, but I am scared i won't be able all the lyrics to the songs cuz my brain is toast...
Post a Comment