Monday, March 30, 2009

Rescue Me. Please.

First of all, let me just say that I didn't elaborate on my date more yesterday because no guy is going to be happy finding out his dating life is plastered on a blog and being graded by a bunch of strangers (to him...you're all MY friends!).

What I will tell you is that he's 52, divorced, two adult children, he works in a related field to mine, he's taller than me, nice looking, fun, smart, as quick with the one liners as I am, and seems to be a really great guy. Time will tell if he's a really great guy for me or not.

Went to see the Eagles last night. OMG...they are the best band ever. Seriously. I have never loved a group like I do them, and they never fail to deliver. Yes, they came out and started to sing and I got teary. I am that much of a sap!

Now, on to the subject at hand.

Rescue Me.

Pretty much my most favorite show on TV. And the new season starts a week from tomorrow. If you haven't watched, it's a show starring Denis Leary on FX, about a group of firefighters post 911. This show is one of the funniest fricking things on TV. And how they get away with a lot of what they are allowed to say, amazes me!

You just have to watch it.

Linda Lou and I are in love with Denis Leary with a passion that is usually reserved for all things chocolate. Normally I'm not into tall skinny blonde men but for some reason, his character turns my crank. Probably because he is SO dysfunctional....LOL.

Enjoy a little Rescue Me.

In this one, Probie discovers a lump:



And this one is about the Spank Bank:



And this is Dirty Talk (ignore the subtitles, not sure what that's from!!!)



OH, and this one. LOL



Now, who's as big of a fan as I am?

27 comments:

Kim said...

Among a few other questions I can't recall - Steve Harvey who was on Oprah the other day said that one of the few questions a woman should ask a man after the first several dates is: What do you think of me? Then - what do you think about me and you together. Just thought I'd share.

I know exactly what it is about Dennis Leary you're talking about. I feel the same way - even when he's being crude.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I'm going to have to check this show out! Looks fun. And yes, anything with firefighters on it, in it, or with it, I've gotta watch.

Leesa said...

I have never heard of Rescue Me.

Stephanie said...

I've never even heard of this show. The clips are too funny! Thanks for posting, I'll have to try and find it way up here in Canada.

MindyMom said...

Glad the date went well. Look forward to hearing more. ;)

Never have watched that show but it looks great!

David said...

I am a huge fan, although Mad Men, and Dexter are right up there in quality. "Rescue Me" has drama, but also has Dennis Leary. Who I love and know most of his comedy lyrics by heart.

Anonymous said...

I like to watch rescue me when i remember its on! I even like to hear Dennis doing the Ford F150 truck ads.. they play them a lot during nascar races!!!

Cher

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad that you gave us a little insight about your date and I'm with you on the jinxing it part. When will you be getting together again?

I've never seen the show before. I'll have to look out for it.

Unknown said...

so glad to hear your guy sounds like a keeper!

I admit I have never seen Rescue me, not sure why other than possibly another show I watch is on at the same time and I dont own a dvr...I do like Dennis Leary tho! does that count?

Dr. Penny said...

Geez, I am going to have to break out the DVD's again! I lost it on the spank bank!! Let's see, my spank bank includes Bill Paxton, Gabriel, Ryan, Shake, and Scott.....oh my God, Scott. I may have to add Leary.

And just to clarify, Steve said ask first what you think of me and then what you FEEL about me. And I wouldn't ask those questions till I truly needed to know!

Tattoo went to the post office today. Let me know when our appointment is as June is rapidly filling up!

My Moon said...

Add me to the list of Denis Leary lovers! I love Rescue me and can't wait for the new season...

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask you how the concert went...

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

WOOHOO....I am glad you met a normal one...at least he is normal so far ;) I hope this is a good one and a keeper! Glad you seem happy :)

Now I gotta check out this Rescue Me show!

Fragrant Liar said...

I've never watched this show, and now I'm sorry I haven't. I will definitely try to catch it from now on. Those clips were great!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Im going to have to check out this show too.....Ive seen it advertised but Ive never sat and watched it....gonna have to now!!
glad the date went well *smile*

Megryansmom said...

Sorry I don't watch. I have enough to keep straight in my head as it is.

Looking forward to hearing about more dates :)

jill jill bo bill said...

I can so see you with someone like Dennis Leary!! I will have to watch all the reruns.

Mark said...

Never watched it, however I will now. Thanks!

Missy said...

Keep us posted on the man situation! Be fan of Rescue Me~

Julie D said...

Trust me, this is the best show on TV. I think this is the 5th season about to start, and the other four are on DVD so go rent them at your local video store. You will not be sorry.

Just don't watch it when the kids are around.

Julie D said...

Oh, and FX will probably have a marathon on this week of last season to get us ready for the new one. So watch for it.

Lilly said...

So glad the date went well too. Just have fun for as long as its fun. Looks like a great show I guess we will get it over here at sometime or other. Have a great week!

Bagman and Butler said...

I'm really happy your date went well. Bagman is a bit down with jealousy however and didn't feel like watching more than one of the video outakes. I liked it, however, and may sneak back and look at another.

Sarah Lulu said...

We don't have Rescue Me in Australia but I do like firefighters ... we call them firies .... and I would be open to a date with one LOL.

I completely understand you respecting the privacy of your date but I would still like to catch some of your excitement, he sounds very nice.

Ritz said...

We will be having a Rescue Me Party with the girls next week. Love that show!!! My daughter got his book for Christmas AND it was signed when Dennis Leary was here in Chicago. Nice! According to her friend he is a smartass in person too.

Debz said...

I have seen every one of those episodes. That show is awesome. Love Denis as much as you - guaranteed!

jaded said...

funny how things work out: i was just wondering what that show is about! i will have to catch it, i love shows that are allowed to say what some might consider controversial, but i just call keeping it real.
i love the description of your date! i hope things keep going well!