Why does the 63 hours between when I leave work on Friday and go back on Monday, fly by sooooooooooooo fast, and the rest of the week crawls?
Honestly. Can't it be Friday at 5pm again soon? Please?
Busy weekend. Friday night Bunco with the girls. I didn't win, but Danica did for being a loser. LOL But it was lots of fun, as always, and thanks again, Liz, for hosting.
Saturday I pretty much didn't leave the house during the day other than to get a nail fixed. Hung out at home, did some laundry and read for awhile. Was feeling kind of down in the dumps over some work related stuff, so I really just wanted to be alone.
Snapped out of it long enough to go to Danica's Annual St. Patty's party! I'm sure she'll blog about it, though, so check out her blog for more details. Suffice it to say, jello shots have a way of making even the most down in the dumps person happy. Who can be sad with jiggly alcohol?
Sunday I went into the office and cleaned for four hours. It had to be done. Wasn't how I wanted to spend what turned out to be a pretty day, but it is done now, and I can feel better about that tomorrow when I walk in there.
On the way home from work, Joan Jett came on, and I had "I Hate Myself For Loving You" blasting at full volume in my car. Trust me when I say blasting, the nice thing about having a car I can't afford is the kick ass stereo that's in it. Bose everything. Love that.
And for the record, I wasn't wallowing in anything because of that song (LOL..love ya!)...I just happen to love 80's JJ music. I can do some serious dancing to that shit. Just ask the guy who was driving beside me, he was totally enjoying my rock out. I think you should enjoy the experience as well. Go ahead and dance. I'll wait.
Ooooh, and once I got home, I busted out my June Cleaver side, and made chicken and noodles and homemade mashed potatoes at my no-longer-vegetarian son's request. He and his buddy Ead scarfed down a couple of bowls and pronounced it "damn good".
This is my birthday week...I'm going to be 48 on Sunday. Two years from 50. Wow. I am at that age where I truly wonder where the years went. And I have to accept that I am...gulp...middle-aged.
OMG, I said the dreaded M word.
Followed quickly by yet another ugly M word...menopause.
Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
HELP!
I think this calls for resorting to the one and only M that truly makes me happy.

Ah. That's more like it. I don't hate myself for loving *you*, Marg.
Happy Monday!!!!
21 comments:
I need to get on the blogging train about the party. It was all I could do yesterday to get up off my ass and post shit on FB. I'll get to that tonight. I was so wiped out from the party I didn't leave the house yesterday. And damn it was nice out.
And I too love me some JJ.
I think it was the Joan Jett that confirms it for ya.
If you had Soujia Boy bumping from while you rolled with your posse on 22's, your weekend may have been different.
Happy Birthday!!
(And I love me some Joan Jett.)
A little JJ can make ANY girl feel better! Love her!! Thanks for coming (and your help!!) on Friday!
Joan Jett is awesome for a pick-me-up! And you HAD to mention that last M word, didn't you? I've been craving a margarita since I got my positive pregnancy test...lol
Happy Monday, Julie!
I love Bunco and I LOVE< LOVE< LOVE Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and that song!!
It's the ultimate love/hate relationship thingy kind of song and I have used it as an anthem if a past relationship, lol
Steady On
Reggie Girl
Ummm...so my mom is a huge Joan Jett fan and dressed me up like her one year for a Halloween party. I think I was around 3 or 4. If only I had a picture!
I will raise my glass to you and your fabulous Marg honey. You are fabulous! Jello shots? Aye...those little suckers sneak up on you!
Joan Jett? Oh.Yea.Baby!Happy Birthday to you sweetie!
YOU rock!
I agree about the time going too fast-just last Monday at this time I was on a boat in the 80's in the Gulf!-boo now I am back at my desk in cold dreary Ohio already!!
Speaking of Birthdays -we need to celebrate together-mine in the 28th!
and love me some Joan Jett!!
I'm sure that Ashley's comment about her mom loving Joan Jett made you feel real good about turning a year older.
Can we get a petition to not let anyone under 40 get into our comment section???
Sloshy jello shots sounds like the perfect way to enjoy St. Patty's day!
When I get home, I'll turn up the volume and listen. For now...my coworker will think I've lost it!
Hope all is well at the job!
yeah, some Ms suck -Mondays, middle age, menopause, men, mold, mayo, but then there are the J's - jiggly jello, Joan Jett, June :-) dinner sounds fab. I am with ya on the slippery side of 40...I am 1/2 the age of my grandma, and she is 90...AGHHHHHHHH
Joan Jett sends her love. I say you come down and celebrate the big 4-8 with me. We can skinny dip and have a chemical peel all at one time. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
Live it up all week. You deserve it!
I used to have an outfit like JJ's, didn't I?? You know that I cranked up the computer sound and jammed to that one!! Some old man on a three-wheeler (yes, you read that right) stopped outside my window and listened for a couple minutes, then pedaled on -- I think he turned his hearing aid down......LOLOLOL!
80s music rocks! I love to turn it up loud and sing along.
Jello shots--yum!
Enjoy the week leading up to your b'day!
HA! Welcome to my world, Cougar.
ha! who can be sad with any kind of alcohol?
i'm sorry work had you down but i am glad you picked yourself up long enough to have a good time.
i have never had a jello shot - i feel like i somehow have not lived yet?!
julie...enjoy the week! I've seen 48, 49, 50 and 51 already...Repeat after me: it's only a number, it's only a number, it's only a number, it's only a number!!! One you convince you, convince me! (kidding) It's all good! You're beautiful and next week this time, you will be just as beautiful!
~AM
Don't you just hate when work stuff bubbles its way into your brain on the weekend and bums you out AND you have to go into the office. It happens to me all the time. And the only thing that gets it to go away is beer or wine or jello shots or...well, I think you get it. Hope your week is much better this week!
Seriuosly, I want you to be my wife. I hate to cook!
I'll make the money, you stay home and cook.
Cheating with the opposite sex is strongly encouraged!
Post a Comment