Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's time for a makeover.

In light of my one year blog anniversary coming up, I need a blog facelift. When I created this blog, I just did a very simple design, and I can live with it or change it, doesn't matter. The layout doesn't offend me.

What I really want is a new header.

Something snappy. Something fun. Something that reflects me.

(No, a fat Joan Rivers is not appropriate here)

I have no idea how to do headers, and some of you have such cute and creative ones. So I need to find someone who is talented enough to come up with something, and is willing to make it for me.

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a blog makeover, but I'm ready to get a little work done. Some Blogtox if you will.

Who do we know who can do this?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie...I stopped by, however I am of no help! If your blogaider is willing to help other blogs in need of a makeover, let me know!
Happy Tuesday!
~AM

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Julie, I need to have a lil bloggy facelift myself. I'm not really sure how to go about it and dammit, I just don't have the time to research it forever. Going "pimp my homepage" site to site is just something that I'm not going to ba able to fit into my schedule right now. Hey, let me know when you get it figured out!! I'll gladly mail you a martini for the quick easy directions......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Anonymous said...

I'm so not that talented, but there are free sites out there is all I know. Have fun with it!

~CC~ said...

Hi Julie, I have been stalking (oops, I mean reading) your blog for a while now. Anyway, a good friend had hers done by Nikki and the money goes to a good cause. Here's her link: http://www.madebynikki.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

Jan can do it for you...*shrug*

I'm LOL @ "Blogtox"

Helga Marie Bee said...

AprilShowers is an amazing bloglifter, she did mine a few months back.
http://www.aprilshowersblogdesign.com/

Leesa said...

I have the most boring set up of all.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Wish I could help, although my son in law is supremo at blog designs and webpages. I'm not sure how much he'd charge but let me know if you're interested and I'll give you his info.

Anonymous said...

There are many free templates out there, go and explore.

If the sista's did it on their own, you can do it

#1

Debz said...

I think there are websites where you can do it for free and there not to hard to follow. I'm an idiot and if I can follow them, anyone can.
Try to google one that I think is called "the cutest little blog on the block". Or something like that and then just click on the tab for headers.
I can help you if you like. I would just need you to give me rights to your blog for the time being. Since I totally dropped the ball on your birthday, it's the least I can do.
Sorry about the birthday MIA. I was in the country, and believe it or not - NO INTERNET. So I totally forgot about you. I really am sorry. Please forgive. Please...

That Janie Girl said...

NapWarden. she's working on mine, haven't finished it yet, but the work she's done is amazing.

And she's amazingly cheap! You can find her on twitter, as well, under NapWarden.

That Janie Girl said...

She did snooty primadona's
www.snootyprimadona.blogspot.com

totally tailors it to you!

Unknown said...

Mrs Parks ROX!!!!

Unknown said...

okay not sure what happened to the rest of my comment LOL....mrs parks did my header and made me a bloggy button too I LURVE her!

Anonymous said...

You need COLOR and lots of shapes to catch the idea. I did mine, but it's so BLAH. I'm starting to dislike it already.

I would say, visit the blogs that attract your eye and get a feel for what you want. When you see one, and instantly go THAT'S IT!!!! You'll know.

Most of them come from the free site that will be listed right under their banner. Jill comes to mind. Go look at hers and Tiffany's. (STUCK IN THE STICKS) You can find her place on my blogger's block if you're not familiar with her.

She changes hers all the time. (kinda pisses me off) lol

travel girl said...

Ummm..you would not want me to help you with this.