Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dear Wii Fit....

I'd like to have a little discussion about our date on Sunday.

As we are both aware, I have not be very attentive to you. I know that, and I'm sorry.

Really, it's not you, it's me.

I've just been really busy with work, and by the time I get home in the evening, make dinner, etc., I really just want to flop on the couch for a couple of hours, unwind and then go to bed.

Besides, Jordan has had you all to himself in his bedroom for the past couple of months, so even if I wanted to spend time with you, I couldn't.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I digress...

So on Sunday morning, there I was...in my living room, in my nightshirt (see, I didn't even take time to put shorts and a t-shirt on...I wanted you right then and now!) ready to work out. I was there, I was present, I was in the moment with you. It was "our" time, and I was feeling really emotional towards you. I'd missed you...

And then you had the audacity to tell me I have gained 4.9 lbs since our last date.

Oh and the "Haven't quite made your weight loss goal, have you, Julie?" comment was really uncalled for. Being a smart ass is sooooooooooo unbecoming to you.

And here's a newsflash...telling me my Wii Fit age is 49? Not cool.

But what really hurt me the most was that I spent the next 40 minutes working out with you. Stepping on and off the Wii Fit board, doing aerobics and strength training and balance exercises....

And every time I stepped on the board...you groaned.

GROANED.

Like the massive weight was about to break you!

I am offended. And before you say it was my imagination...it wasn't. I had the sound on, I could hear you. The screen actually made a funny picture as if it were getting lightheaded or something.

Seriously. I know I'm overweight. (Or as I prefer to think of it, I'm undertall. If I were 6'9" I'd be proportionate.) I see it in the mirror. I feel it in the waist of my jeans.

I don't need Mr. "Oooh, look at me, I'm Wii Fit and you're not" physically groaning and making me feel worse than I already do.

So I am writing to let you know....IT'S ON NOW.

You threw down with me, right in my own home...and I'm here to tell you, you don't want to piss a menopausal redhead like me off in that manner.

I'm gonna be all over you, pal, wearing your ass out like a whore thrown into a prison yard. You don't get to make derogatory noises at me like that and get away with it.

I unlocked new activities on Sunday thanks to the duration of my workout. That's right. I have Super Hula Hoop now. And Snowboard Slalom.

You, my friend, are gonna see more of me that you ever wanted to.

And you're going to be nice to me. Look, I realize that after my 40 minutes of exercising, you tried to make up for what you said earlier, and you told me I'd lost 1 lb and my new Wii Fit age was 36. You bet your ass it is.

And this time next week, it's gonna be 29.

By the end of the month, I'll be young enough to get carded.

And then, I'm dropping your sorry ass for Dance Dance Revolution.

Oh yeah, it's on.

Love,

30 comments:

Eric said...

Me thinks your WII Fit, and my WII Fit are in cahoots!

Megryansmom said...

Hmmm we were thinking of getting a Wii fit, but now I'm not so sure.

BioniKat said...

Thats the last thing I need - a smartass computer. My kids answering backchatting me is enough!

Anonymous said...

Me truly thinks you have gone off the deep end this time....


Cher

Kim said...

I haven't been on mine in a month (or maybe longer). I am afraid my little Mii character is going to plump up when I finally do get on!

Allison said...

I am DYING. I just got back on my Wii Fit after a long absence and I, too, was totally turned off by the groaning every time I stepped on. Unlike you, however, I gave up. lol Best of luck to you in your new relationship!! :D

Unknown said...

I do not own a Wii or a scale...ignorance is bliss!
The 'jean-waist' test is my tell-tale sign. I deal with too many numbers already in my life :::sigh:::
~AM

Kim and Dave said...

Ahhhh, it's on now! You go get him, girl!!!

Robynbeth said...

My Wii Fit called me by the wrong name, and then it mocked me...mocked me. It has caused more emotional damage than any yoga class. I may never get past the pain.

Me said...

Ok I am getting on my Wii Fit today after work to keep up with you guys!!

won said...

Undertall....

Yeah! That's it. That's my story from here on out.

I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

I'm still chuckling from last night! HA

That Janie Girl said...

Are you kidding me? I was going to get one.

I am in personal need of AFFIRMATION not bitching.

Just saying.

**rethinking the wii**

Debz said...

"I'm gonna be all over you, pal, wearing your ass out like a whore thrown into a prison yard."

YIKES!! That's pretty rough.

My Mii gets so blown up when I get on it, I swear she even has my ass. The shelf thing and all.

Mike finally got on it last Tuesday and started with the body test. It said he weighed 169. He groaned and said I never should have eaten that pizza. 169. 169?!
I haven't seen Mike since Wednesday. And I'm pleading the
5th.

I Am Who I Am said...

LMAO

This was hysterical. I am so glad I don't have one. I'd probably throw it out the damn window the first time it groaned at me.

jannypie said...

honestly the funniest blog post i've read in a long time

Anonymous said...

LOL... oh it's ON!

Stephanie said...

LOL Under tall! Love it.
I have a wii fit. It's in a box in the basement and it is going to stay there until spring!

Ashley @ The Happy Little Home said...

Oh boy, you crack me up. I really want a Wii Fit but I think I would treat it the same way I do my treadmill. With neglect. It's so sad.

travel girl said...

Make sure you stay above 21 years of age. Vegas is coming up!!

You have been blognoring me. Get your ass to my blog. I need your expert advise!!

Dr. Penny said...

A whore thrown in a prison yard??? Where do you get this shit? This is why we spent many a Sunday writing my monologue together with the help of our "friend"! Listen, you bet it's on -- every fricking day because that is what it's going to take. Get busy.

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Mine groaned too and I think I heard it laugh at me too. I was trying to do the snowboarding thing and couldn't stay on it or maneuver it. Forget super hula hoop....I can't get the regular one without being bonked in the head by flying hoops thrown at me. I won't tell you what my wii age is. Let's just say you're a youngster. They may be carding you for sure in Vegas.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

You tell him (or...it?). I am getting a Wii Fit ASAP, because I am also under-tall and my jeans may or may not be rubbing a hole into my waist right this minute. So that's it. Its on! I'm excited. You got me all fired up! Wii Fit, here I come!

Fragrant Liar said...

Yes, that's what I need, a Wii Fit. I need someone to groan and nag and, yes, even laugh at me. THAT's the kind of motivation I need right now. I knew if I looked around the blogosphere, the answer would finally come to me!

Anonymous said...

omg, you are hysterical. i have been thinking of the wii fit for myself. i don't care what wii fit says, you look great to me.

Bagman and Butler said...

One of the funniest blogs of my day! ROFLMAO, as they say...and very glad that I don't have Wii...my little Nintendo DS has a program that measures my brain age and I'm made enough at it.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Love it! And I notice we both said "But I digress" in the middle of our blogs today. (You know twins separated at birth do the same things.)

I just hope you don't get a comment from a whore's mother scoulding you for your insensitivity toward whores.

Anonymous said...

I can soooo relate...damn you, Wii Fit, damn you!!!!

Tiffany said...

I hate that fucking "ooh" it makes. And I hate how it says "Oh, Cutie (yes that is my fucking Mii's name) you haven't been on in a while." No shit Sherlock. I've been cheating on your ass with Rockband. So fuck you!

(I truthfully deleted a few fucks out of this comment. Just think how worse it could have been. LOL)

Anonymous said...

OMFG that might be THE funniest thing I've ever read. Ever.