
To this:

In just a matter of minutes, my life changed drastically.
And in what seems like an equally short time, that little 9 lb bundle of joy has become this:

Where did all that time go? How is it possible that my baby is a grown man?
I was going to try to write a blog post today addressed to my son...you know, a letter to my child on his 18th birthday. But I started crying just thinking about it, so I figured I'd better not try it!
I don't need to tell you how proud I am of him. How much joy he brings to me. Every day that I have been blessed to be his mom has been the best day of my life, and I pray every single night that we get to live a long and happy life together. (Although not necessarily in the same house. LOL!)
I didn't exactly know what I was doing on that day in 1990. I was 29, and had obviously never had a baby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week before! But I guess I figured it out, because he has survived having me raise him! And he's an amazing young man, and someone I am devastatingly proud to call my son.
He was so funny last night, he went to a movie with his girlfriend and his best friend, and it got out a little after midnight, so Jordan figured he was officially 18 at that time, so they stopped at the gas station so he could buy cigars for him and his friend to smoke in the hot tub today! He goes up to the counter to pay for them, has his ID out and everything...and they don't even card him. He was so bummed!
I got him two videos that he wanted, and of course his impending tattoo, and am taking him and Steph out to Japanese Steak House for dinner. Not sure what else he has planned for his big day, but I'm sure it will be a good one for him. Do me a favor, if you have a second today, drop Jordan an email at jreeg4365@gmail.com and wish him a happy 18th birthday, will you?
And now...to my son....
I love you, bug. Thank you for being the best kid any mom could ever have. You are my love, and my life, and someday, I hope you have a child who brings you as much joy as you've given me.
Love, Mums.
18 comments:
julie...
You are such an incredible person and your words state perfectly what I know you must feel for your son. I sent him a Birthday e-mail...and to you, my friend...
Happy Memory Day!
You are an outstanding mom, the love for your son radiates in every word you type of him!
God is good!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
Awww, now you've got me all teary eyed and I haven't even had my coffee yet.
And I thought I bragged about my kids a lot, it's wonderful that you have such a good bond with your son. I hope he has a wonderful day.
Cassie
that is so sweet...my he is a grown up handsome young man...you must be a proud mom...{{running to grab tissues}}
Off to send an e-mail! Kudos to you for being such an awesome mom!
Just sent an e-mail, you did a great job Jules.
Jordan is a lucky young man to have a mother like you - once again you reduced me to tears. It is wonderful that you love one another so and he is a gorgeous young man!!!
I cannot wait until you both get your tattoos - truly a wonderful bonding experience!!
As a mother of a daughter Jordan, and an only child at that, I know what you mean without having to read between the lines. The most wonderful treasures we ever held in our hands, its true.
Happy Birthday Jordan!
Gosh, I remember when I had my son. It is life changing event having a child, and they grow up soooooo fast.
Awwww. Happy Birthday Jordan, and Happy Day of Jordan's Birth, Jules :) *hugs*
Happy Birthday Jordan!
I can't even imagine my son being that old, I hope we have the same great relationship that is obvious between you and your son.
Happy Belated Birthday to your son.
What a sweet post about your son, who is obviously the light of your life.
Belated birthday wishes to him!
Trina
Awww, that was such a wonderful tribute to your son for you not only got him on his birthday but he got you. You are both the two luckiest, blessed people to have one another.
Don't you think it's strange to hear some parents complain about their kids while some of us can't imagine our lives without them?
I hope that his birthday was as great as he is!
A Son's Response.
Mother,
I just wanted to thank you for everything you have done for me over the past 18 years. You have always been there for me and done what was right but what was best for me. There is truly nothing i could ever do to repay you. I figured writing this would be a good start. I want to say sorry for any hardships i might have put you through. Its not that you weren't a good mother, I was just being stupid. But isn't that was the teenage years are for? Next i want to tell you how proud i really am that after all the shit life has thrown your way you have always come out strong. Even though i got my dads look and attitude i sure hope that i have the power to overcome things the way you have. You are without a doubt the strongest person that i know. I know that if Linda and Pappy where still here they would agree with me. You make me so proud to be able to call you my mother. I hope that you can look back in 20 or 30 years and realize how great of a mother you were. Because i know that when i look back on everything, i can see that i was truly blessed to have a mother like you.
I love you every much,
Jordan
j&j...You both are extremely blessed!
~AirmanMom returning to her blog...
awwww Happy Belated Birthday to your awesome son!
Happy belated birthday Jordan!!!
As I said in my last comment- you are Amazing!!
And fabulous.
Oh, and I LOVE your new picture;)
Post a Comment