Thursday, November 19, 2009

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison....


Ah yes, one of my favorite country songs. David Allen Coe sure could sing 'em. So in honor of his birthday (which I have no idea if it's today or when it is, but we're gonna honor the ole' boy anyway), here's my favorite titles for country and western songs.

Ready?  Sing along if you know any of them....



I Hate Every Bone In Her Body But Mine.

It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day.

If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.

I Liked You Better Before I Got To Know You So Well.

I Still Miss You Baby, But My Aim's Getting Better.

I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight 'Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win.

I'll Marry You Tomorrow, But Let's Honeymoon Tonight.

I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like You're Still Here.
My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Sure Do Miss Him.

She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger.

I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With Ugly Women But I've Sure Woke Up With A Few

...and my personal favorite....

If I Had Shot You When I First Wanted To, I'd Be Out Of Prison By Now.

19 comments:

The Peach Tart said...

country sounds always have the best titles

Unknown said...

I <3 David Allen Coe. And that's is one of my all time favorite songs of his. Now it'll be stuck in my head all day! Have you heard the version with Charlie Pride & Merle Haggard cameos? Priceless.

Lee said...

LMAO! I hate every bone in her body but mine...I love country!!

Anonymous said...

LOL I tease my nephew all of the time because his name is David Allen so I sing that song (drunk and getting outta prison) to him!

Unknown said...

Writers of country songs don't mince words!

chocdrop said...

Now those are unforgettable titles. I have to agree with you about your favorite title, great choice.

LeeAnn said...

LOL- I've always been a country fan. Yeah and thanks for that - I'll be singing David Allen Coe songs all day too. Good thing I like his songs.

Tiffany said...

LOL Now I have David Allen Coe stuck in my head. Thanks ALOT!

me said...

how true those titles are!!!LOL

Stacy said...

Oh how I love me some David Allen Coe! I was raised on that shit. He just played at a little bay front bar in San Leon Texas in October and I missed it!!! I was so pissed. Then I moved back to Oregon. Doubt I will hear him here anytime soon LOL

I love the titles. Country always has the best.

http://staceria.blogspot.com/ click this link

Anonymous said...

Someone who doesn't dig DAC then they just suck!

If you haven't heard it get the live CD, the latest one I think.

Excellent!

Judy said...

How about Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks singing - "How can I miss you when you won't go away?" One of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

You are a couple of months late for his birthday, (Sept. 6).
My favorite song is It's Hard to kiss the lips at night....

Cassie

Coffeypot said...

FYI Sep 6, 1939.

How ‘bout, How come my dog don’t bark when you come in my yard?’

gayle said...

Love country music!! That was a fun post!!

That Janie Girl said...

LOVE David Allen Coe.

And Jessie Colter.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I have a friend who had a rather unfortunate childhood. Her favorite line is "I got drunk at my mother's first wedding." Now there's someone who needs to write a memoir!

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

Ummm, I've never heard of him. Was this before my time?

Gloria said...

Fabulous. Always loved country although my friends think that makes me kinda weird!!! One of my favourites!!