Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sigh. Yeah, let's UPDATE this one too.

OK, I know I know...it's not a big deal and weight fluctuates daily. The facts are this month I've lost 4.4 lbs, an average of .9 a week. I want the weight to come off faster than this, and I'm pissed that it's not.

BUT....

According to WW, I have lost 4" in my waist, 4" in my hips, 4" of boobs and back fat chest, and 1 1/2" of flabby bat wings upper arms.

So, 25.2 lbs (as of today) and 13.5" overall. That's a lot less of me than who was writing this blog on April 9th.

I'm happy with what I've accomplished. I really am. The last time I lost 25 lbs I was going through a divorce and believe me, I was a mess. I simply wasn't eating from the stress, and the weight fell off. It also jumped right back on within 6 months of the divorce being final.

I'm doing it the healthy way this time, and I've always heard that when you take it off slow, you are more likely to keep it off. Sigh. OK fine.

Crawling back off the ledge now.

************************************

Not a good weigh in day.

Up .7 of a lb.

Sigh.

Guess my losing streak is over again.

:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::
:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::
:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::
:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::
:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::
:::I will not turn into the Incredible Bulk and trash casual wear today::::

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

.7lbs...take a poop my friend. That should do ya!!!

Love you. You are doing amazing and I'm so proud of you. :-)

Joanie said...

I'm with Danica! And don't beat yourself up over less than a pound! You're doing great!

Unknown said...

LOL! I'm with the other two,especially about not beating yourself up about it.

Darla said...

Geez...it's just water weight...Take a B Complex and you'll Pee it right out!!

Philly said...

I agree with Danica. I've said it before, take a dump !!

#1

Me said...

Remember it isn't about ONE weigh in but rather the amount that is off and staying off!!

The Peach Tart said...

You're still net down.

Sue said...

Well, you at least you know why this happened because you blogged the other day about your "detour" from your diet with pizza and some other things, so no worries. It's ok when you know *why* it happened. It's when you were good and it still happens that makes you want to destroy clothing.

Just hop back on the wagon and keep going. You're doing so great!!

Julie D said...

LOL...it's not a poop issue.

I know it's not that big of a deal, but I also know ME. I need to see steady downward motion, so even a measly .7 of a lb UP is enough to thoroughly piss me off.

That being said, it's my own fault. I overate last weekend, so this comes as no surprise. It still pisses me off though.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

It's muscle mass which is going to cause you to burn MORE calories which is going to cause you to lose MORE weight. That is all. My work here is done...

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Julie!
~AM

Kim said...

Ok, if it's not a poop or pee issue and you're pissed (totally understandable!), try Xanax to help with the anxiety of that .7 lb. or maybe a little illicit drug use to help you feel better (nothing that causes the munchies though!). Ha! There, that should do it.

Debz said...

I'm gonna say what probably everyone else has said (but I don't know what they said cause I didn't read comments) and tell you to LOOK back at what you HAVE lost.
25+ pounds is nothing to sneeze at so don't go gettin all disappointed over this.
This too shall come to pass.

Gaia said...

Go girl you can do it. Slow and easy. Just take a walk. The lbs come off faster than you think.

Do you have an hour or an hour and half to spare every day. Take the '10,000 steps' health regime.

Plus like Darla said pop a B complex. At our age we need it for a healthy glow!!

I will blog about it again sooon. I lost much weight with this routine before and like you, put it back on again with my favourite fried chicken and digestive biscuits.

Currently back on my rounds, lost 21/2 lbs within 3 days, walking.

So give it a try if you have the time.

cheers

Anonymous said...

I agree with Danica, take a dump and you will be fine! You have to look at the overall picture my dear.. THAT is what is awesome, that is the big thing..congrats girl

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

You're kicking butt, Girl! Go to the sauna and sweat a bit and you'll lose that .7 lbs.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I'm so proud of you! (Well, duh.)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am proud of you. I like having a friend who is struggling right along with me to fight the battle of the bulge. I know we will make it! WE WILL SURVIVE this...and be better people for it! Keep your chin up and march on!

Bagman and Butler said...

I'm proud of you too...but remember that you are also just fine the way you are each step of the way.

Anonymous said...

So proud you're doing it the healthy way this time!

♥ Braja said...

I'm with the first 3 :))

Paula said...

CONGRATS. You are doing great. Slow but steady.....