There is a reason why men are "ex's", and I'm rapidly remembering why "M" is on my short list of guys I don't want to date again.
Didn't talk to him Monday, and yesterday my son's key broke off in his ignition of his car, and "M" had just said over the weekend that if Jordan had any problems with his car to call him as he could more than likely fix it...so I called him. Got his machine, left a message, and said "Oh, by the way, we've narrowed dinner down to Saturday night for sure, but we can talk about that when you call me back". (As of Sunday, I still had not firmed up plans with E&M although we were shooting for a Saturday night date, with the second option being Sunday evening.)
Never heard a word last night. And I'm thinking...hmmmm...clearly you didn't work til midnight (can't really landscape in the dark) so why wouldn't you call me back? Immediate red flag starts flying...it's flaky behavior like that, that made me dump him after three years the first time around.
So this morning I called him on my way to work to wish him a Happy Divorce Day, and he says "Oh, did you get my email?"
No....what email?
"I emailed you Monday night. I'm going to have to cancel dinner on Saturday."
Hmmm....nope, didn't get the memo.
"Oh, well I didn't get a lot of work done Monday because it was too wet from all the rain and so now I have to work the Friday the 4th, and Saturday as well".
Oh. Alrighty then. Have a good day. Click.
What the hell else was I going to say?? Didn't you just tell me over the weekend how you are finally able to work less, relax more, etc? And now you're telling me that you can't landscape until maybe 6pm, go home and take a shower and go to dinner at 7:30? Seriously????? When we are trying to get a relationship off the ground and you can't work your schedule around it, and instead will cancel on me and embarrass me in front of my best friend and her fiance, because I have to tell them now that Mr. Hot & Cold is up to his old tricks again, and is as flaky as ever?? SERIOUSLY???
I'll bet if I hadn't held out on Sunday, he'd go. But since I am not willing to just jump back in to the middle of a relationship, he's not willing to wait around and give it time. So, contrary to what he's said to me, evidently he's not interested in marrying "me", he's just got a position (wife) that has come available that he's looking to fill as quickly as possible. And I'm not moving fast enough, I guess.
No worries though, at this point I'm on warp speed heading out the door, pal.
2 comments:
What an ass. He obviously doesn't know what a good catch you are. And who emails someone to cancel?
I agree with Danica-he needs to get his head out of his ass and take a good look around-seriously-email to cancel-no different then the post it note episode on SATC!-sock it to him Julie!!!!
Post a Comment