Monday, July 7, 2008

Booooooooooooring

Boring, boring weekend. This should be a short post!

It started out great...dinner and a movie with Penny. I miss her way too much, and we don't see each other hardly at all even when she's in town, let alone when she's traveling around the country in her retirement home. LOL. But we had such a good time. Almost blew up the car, which was good only because it was my ex's car, not mine. (Don't ask...just go with it.) Laughed our way through Sex and the City movie...identified way too much with a couple of characters! It just felt good to be with my best friend of 25 years...yes it's been that long since some friends dragged me to see a group of male strippers, and since I was madly in love with a Marine who happened to be in Japan at the time...I fell for the emcee instead. Turns out she was more of my soul mate than the Jarhead was. Our relationship has certainly lasted longer!!

Rest of the weekend was boring as hell. Seriously, didn't do a damn thing that is worth writing about. A little tanning in the pool on Saturday and Sunday pretty much covers my excitement.

I need something to be passionate about. I feel like life is just one big day to day drag. Get up, go to work, come home, watch TV and go to bed. Rinse, lather, repeat. Sad thing is, I have no motivation to do anything else, and I don't know if I'm just really depressed or really lazy. They both feel the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see how you are! Blow me off. HA!

Sending you hugs. I'm your girl if you ever need to get out.

Patou said...

you do need something to be passionate about! you have answered your problem perfectly! stepping away from our egos, outside of ourselves, giving over to something that moves and touches our heart/soul, that is bigger than us, we help ourselves.

don't give up Julie. you will find it.