Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm too old for this.


I am beat.

I've been helping with two whole house installs since last Thursday, and believe me when I tell you, I'm too damn old to work 16 hour days.

Amazingly though, my back held out and I can still walk upright. Go figure.

Our Parade of Homes house is incredible. I'm so proud of my boss and the design work he did there. I will post pictures after it opens this weekend.

Mom is getting pretty quiet now, doesn't talk a whole lot, although she has "up" days but they seem to be winding down. A month or two ago she weighed 160 lbs, and she's down to 135. Pretty much all she does is sleep, gets up for meals and has a few bites and then goes right back down. She does try to get up for bingo once a week (she was commonly referred to as Bingo Betty as I was growing up thanks to her major gambling habit of 7 days a week bingo. So naturally that inclination will be the last thing to go!) but other than that, she's just in bed.

What's new with you?

10 comments:

kel said...

Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time..((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Love that pic...

I am still wishing for the best for your Mom...

Nothing new here...Still going to school...I met one of my favorite rock stars...So that was cool...other than that...Boring and hot...

Coffeypot said...

Nothing going on here. NOTHING EVER GOES ON HERE.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Love your new picture and the picture with today's post,that's about how I feel. Not much happening here,been sick all week and back on the high powered antibiotics. Guess I'm just falling apart. I am still Praying your Mom gets better soon,hang in there a try to get some rest soon.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

As always, hugs to you and prayers to Mom. XOXO

Stacy said...

The picture is too funny...I may have to steal it sometime for one of the memes I do.

Can't wait to see the house pictures...I am like a junkie for that kind of stuff.

Still praying for you, your mom and the family. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know the feeling of total exhaustion, but your's comes from stress and actual work. Mine comes from being old and tired. Wanna trade?

gayle said...

Wow you have been busy! I'm having fun at the beach. Not reading many blogs!!!

Stephanie said...

It is so sweet that your Mom can muster the energy for bingo:) Hugs to you both!

linda said...

I'm too young to feel this old!!