Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The roller coaster has slowed down

The hospital sent Mom back to the nursing home last night. I snapped this picture because I didn't get one of us together on Mother's Day.

She's happy to be "home".

They said there is nothing more they can do for her. She has a "slow leak" in her bowel due to diverticulitis, and it cannot be fixed without surgery....but she is not a candidate for surgery due to her advanced age and health.

So I guess we just take this day by day, monitor her blood count and go from there.

I feel a little better with her being back at the nursing home only because she's with her friends, and the staff fawns all over her and everybody loves her, and I know how happy that makes her. I'd rather see her there than laying alone in a room in a hospital, because we cannot be there with her 24 hours a day.

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts this past few days. My family and I greatly appreciate all the wonderful healing energy you put out there in the Universe for us, and for our Mom. We know our time with her is limited, but once again she's proven herself to be a tough old bird, and she's not ready to go yet.

And that's perfectly okay with me.

16 comments:

LeeAnn said...

So glad to hear that she was able to go back to the nursing home. It's always good to be back in familiar surroundings and with friends. I'd still love to get over to see her sometime soon (if she's up to it)

Stacy said...

Oh, I am so glad your mom was able to go back to the nursing home and be surrounded by people she knows. That's as important as the medicine, I think...maybe more so sometimes. Still remembering your family in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Ah so glad she was able to go back to the nursing home. She's so special and so beautiful.

Dr. Penny said...

And that is just fine with me, too. Give her my best when you see her and see her often, ok? You and I must go when I get home....

Unknown said...

awwww julie so glad she is back 'home' where she feels comfy...I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

Awe...I am glad she is home and comfortable! I wish her and you the best!

Coffeypot said...

It is best to be with friends and loved ones when you arenot feeling well. Pulling for her, too.

Not to mention the happiness of my neighbors when I stop making animal sacrifices on her behalf.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

I love good news,glad she is back where her spirits will be lifted.

Kim said...

I am happy she is where she is most comfortable!

gayle said...

This is good news!! Just being with people she knows will make her feel better!!

Bobby Allan said...

Good to hear that's she back with her friends and those that can care for her 24/7. I'll keep praying for her.

LV said...

Julie, glad your mother got to the point she could go back to the home. She is in good hands, and when He is ready, all will be well. You have been blessed to have shared this much time with her. That picture will be a real treasure on down the road.

Tamara Dawn said...

Hey Julie, it's been a while since I popped in. Sorry to hear that your mom was having such a rough time. I am happy she is back home with her friends though. Treasure every moment you spend with her. I'll keep you both in my prayers. ((Hugs))

jaded said...

Julie, I too think that there is no better place for her than the nursing home. I know it's difficult to hear that sometimes there is not much more to do.

Unknown said...

hugs!!!!

Girl Tornado said...

I can certainly understand what you've been going through with your mom, and how stressful it can be... we've been dealing with my gramma, who's 93 and just went into a nursing home in early Feb. I hate to see this happen to a loved family member, it's so sad!

*hugs* to you, and glad your mother is doing better!