Friday, March 19, 2010

I need your collective good thoughts.

You guys know I'm not often "serious" on my blog.

But today, I'm going to ask you for your collective good thoughts and prayers.

It's not for me, but for one of my closest and oldest friends, Sue. We've been thisclose for 30 years now, and have been through it ALL together.

And believe me when I say "all", I mean all! Oh, the stories I could tell....the blackmail we have on each other.

Anyway....

Seven years ago, she was diagnosed with liver cancer. And for those seven years now, it's been "inactive", I guess that's the best way to describe it. No tumor growths, nothing to be too overwhelmed about. She's always known it was there, but as long as tumor markers and tests came back okay, she went on with her life like nothing was wrong.

Now it's become active.

Without putting too much of her personal information on here, the bottom line is that she *may* be approved for a surgery that could keep this at bay for another five years. The hope is that it buys her more time for our amazing cancer researchers to find a cure. She's had all the testing, and she finds out Monday if she is a surgery candidate or not.

So I am asking all 411 of my followers to say a collective prayer for her this weekend. Put those good thoughts out in the Universe that she is able to have this surgery, and buy herself and her family some very precious time.

We vowed many years ago to grow old together, and be hitting on old men in the nursing home after we've outlived our husbands.

I fully intend to hold her to this.

I'm not uber religious but I do believe in the power of prayer. And that our thoughts become actions and deeds. So please keep her in your thoughts this weekend, and let's make this surgery happen.

Thanks, you guys. I have the best followers ever.

34 comments:

Tana said...

I will be glad to add her, her family and you to my list. Keep us informed.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Count me in. Sending prayers your way, Sue!

The Redheaded Stepchild said...

Prayers said. Is it okay if I pass this link along so others will too?

Julia said...

I'll be thinking of her! Hope everything goes well.

Saranne said...

Sending prayers her way! ox

Julie said...

@Redhead...absolutely, please do!

Dave said...

Done. I spoke to God already, but will pray again for your friend.

Catpriestess said...

I am going to burn a special candle of healing that was made by a dear friend. The "prayer" on the candle's wrapper is this: Wrap thee in cotton, bind thee with love, protection from pain surrounds like a glove; May the brightest of blessings surround thee this night for thou art cared for, Healing thoughts sent in flight". Sending you both prayers of peace.

Tara said...

prayers and positive thoughts for you and your friend on their way :)

Apryl said...

AS someone very active in the Cancer Community and a Chair on the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, I am sending every anti-Cancer positive thougth yoru friends way!

The Retired One said...

You got it, honey!
One of my very very good friends died of liver cancer about 2 years ago (only two months after being diagnosed). I feel your concern and love for her.

Under the Influence said...

Consider it done! Peace to you and your friend.

Christiejolu said...

My sister has this same problem. I am wishing well for your friend!

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

Positive vibey things coming your way xx

Trisha R Jackson said...

(((HUGS)))

Cher' Shots said...

I will be happy to be one of the prayer warriors. God's Will be done! Sometimes it's hard to accept His plan, but His plan is the only plan. This is coming from someone who lost her husband to leukemia, but I still believe in God's plan for our lives.

Stephanie said...

She'll definitely be in my thoughts. ((hugs))

I work with GI Med Onc at OSU, so if she wants/ needs a second opinion, just let me know. Email or PM me on the nest and we can go from there.

dle said...

Consider her and all who love her added to my thoughts and prayers !!

Danica said...

Sending prayers her way. Please keep us updated and let her know we are all pulling for her!

Anonymous said...

nuff said....prayers are on their way

Jill from NY

LeeAnn said...

Doin' my part!

FRANNIE said...

Count me in too. Wishing her all the best.

Allison said...

Saying prayers.

Bagman and Butler said...

Of course! Bagman, Butler, and I are all praying.

Coffeypot said...

Prayers are on the way, Julie. I may be one of the men in the old folks home hobbling you down the hall.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

The Korbs are praying. Keep us posted on the outcome of things.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Count on me to send prayers her way!

Secretia said...

She has my prayers. I lost many family members to cancer and some friends too. I understand the dread of a recurrence, what it feels like just knowing that it could come back, and I know the desperation when it does.

Secretia

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Without a doubt,consider it done Julie.

Julie said...

Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart.

gayle said...

I have prayed and will continue to pray!! This post touches my heart so very much. I too have a friend that I have know for 40 years and we want to grow old together too!!! So I kinda know what you must be feeling!!

Oz Girl said...

She has my prayers! Liver cancer is a scary thing. I know. We lost a beautiful family friend to it a few years ago.

I hope she hears good news tomorrow... hugs to you and her!!!

Chrissy said...

Absolutely. Sending many, many prayers. xoxo

AirmanMom said...

my prayers are lifted.
~AM