I got married September 20, 2003.
And divorced September 28, 2005.
I lost my Dad on September 18, 2004.
Jordan moved out and off to school on September 16, 2010. But as hard as that was to have an empty nest, it was bittersweet too.
But I have decided to stop thinking so much about September. It's really just another month. My marriage...my divorce....all led me to where I was meant to be today.
Which is a whole lot happier than I ever was then!
Losing my Dad was part of life. I love him and I miss him all the time...
And Jordan has grown so much the past two years. He's such an adult! haha Seriously, I find myself worrying less and less about him as time goes by, because I know that I did right by him. I raised a good kid. He is smart and mature and funny and driven and sweet and loveable and most of all he's the best thing I've ever done in my life. Him leaving home, and starting his own life, isn't a bad thing at all.
So hey, September....you've taught me a lot over the years, and many meaningful things have happened during your month.
But there are 11 more just like you, waiting to be lived to their fullest.
And I'm all about enjoying the ride.
By the way, I'm still madly in love with this little girl. Grammy's girl....


8 comments:
I used to feel depressed in September because it meant summer was over and I knew what was coming. How I love it--the stepkids are back in school and the 100+ degree heat of summer will be gone soon. Yay for September!
I guess we all have our "Months". September oddly is one of my favs but December is the month that bums me out.
Hoping your September is way better than any you've ever had!
You do the best you can do, that's all one can do!
I love how you wrote that you don't worry about Jordan because you know you did right by him. I love that certainty. It's something I try to do with Savannah...just do the best day in and day out so that one day I can say that too. Not that you are done with him by any means...but you know what I mean.
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. You have been so good to me and your words have propped me up many times over...you will always be a friend to me. Always.
I love how you wrote that you don't worry about Jordan because you know you did right by him. I love that certainty. It's something I try to do with Savannah...just do the best day in and day out so that one day I can say that too. Not that you are done with him by any means...but you know what I mean.
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. You have been so good to me and your words have propped me up many times over...you will always be a friend to me. Always.
You've got some sound reasons to view September as questionable, especially since all of your events revolve around "change" (be it positive or not).
My "ick-month" is January, but I feel it's more of a mental thing than anything else...see, in January, people stop hanging out due to the holiday-hangover...I suppose that's change too, but I know for certain it completely bums me out. Thanks for sharing your story, and your puppy is ADORABLE!
You've got some sound reasons to view September as questionable, especially since all of your events revolve around "change" (be it positive or not).
My "ick-month" is January, but I feel it's more of a mental thing than anything else...see, in January, people stop hanging out due to the holiday-hangover...I suppose that's change too, but I know for certain it completely bums me out. Thanks for sharing your story, and your puppy is ADORABLE!
What is it about September? Is it the Harvest Moon? Virgo Rising? The end of Summer fun? The scary new school year? Anticipation of the holidays just around the corner? Diagnosis... prognosis... deaths... births... it is truly a month of many changes in our family as well. But I love your comment that there are "11 more just like you" - and I am ready to make the most of all of them! Thanks for making me smile!
Post a Comment