Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Mom and the Meet & Greet, etc.


Mom's surgery yesterday was an epic fail. Her kidney was totally obstructed and they could not get the scope or laser in to break up the boulder stone. Her kidney is full of urine that is "sweating" out into her body now, and so they have to go in and manually drain it today, and then in a few days try the procedure again.

It was really tough on her yesterday, clearly the anesthesia was difficult for her. She's having a very rough time, and it breaks my heart to see her either in pain, or just so agitated.

I just pray that this turns out however she wants it to, and what is best for her.

In other news....the Meet & Greet scheduled for Tuesday obviously didn't happen since I spent that entire night in the ER with Mom. He's going to be out of town for a couple of weeks so it's been postponed indefinitely. Which is fine....meeting a guy right now is the last thing on my mind.

One good thing I'd like to mention....I'm so very happy to announce that yesterday my buddy Jaded was blessed with a beautiful little girl. She and her husband have lost two daughters, and I'm just thrilled for them that their dreams have finally come true. Congrats to them all.

I think that's it for now. I'll be back with an update on Mom tomorrow.

7 comments:

chocolatecovereddaydreams.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry that your mom's surgery didn't go as planned. Hope that they are able to get rid of it.

Meet and Greet...there will be time for it soon enough.

Congrats to the new parents.

Stacy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with your mom's surgery and hope today goes better. I'll follow your lead and pray that it all works out as what's best for her. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that your Moms surgery didn't go well...

Congrats to your friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm following you on facebook but since I'm new to it, I'm splitting my time between there and here. Still rooting for YOUR side to win where mom's concerned.

gayle said...

Thinking about you and your mom!

The Retired One said...

Aw, doggone it about the procedure not being sucessful..it is very hard on her to go through it all again.
You will be in my thoughts...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry things didn't go well with your mom. I pray that everything works out as it's suppose to. I'll keep her in my thoughts.