Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Cutest Mom Ever




Red hot mama

The nursing home took pictures of all the little ladies and they are lined up on the wall heading into the dining room.

I'm so glad I have this. It's my mom's personality to a tee. I always want to think of her like this. Smiling and having fun.

She will be 86 in August. Hopefully she will still be here to celebrate it. If she is, I'm buying her a red hat and a boa.

She should always have one, don't you think?

13 comments:

Cheryllyn said...

I think all women should have a red hat and boa at some point. I love the picture of your mom. The hat and boa make her look a little saucy. :)

Mellodee said...

Don't wait for her birthday....a red hat and a boa are appropriate gifts for any day of the year! Especially after age 75! (No guarantees, you know.)

Like your blog! Made me laugh, so I'll join your parade!!

Tana said...

The Red Hat Society !!! Comes from the poem that starts out..."When I get old, I am going to wear purple with a red hat..." Goes on to say eat butter and play in the road and run a stick along a fence and generally act like a child. I think we all should do so ... Might make us all alittle bit happier in life...

Unknown said...

As soon as I saw the photo, I knew I had to share the Red Hat Society poem (good job Tana!)
She is a cutie! A red hat and boa are a must have!!!!
Happy Monday!
~AM

Anne H said...

Oh - For Cute!
She definitely needs a red hat and boa.
Maybe a purple one too...
Hope you have a great week, nursie!

B said...

Simply precious!

Stacy said...

Buy the boa! We all need a little bit of sass in our lives and your mom looks (and sounds) like a pistol!

The Retired One said...

AWESOME and adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! She's just so beautiful and precious.

LV said...

Let her have anything she wants. It is wonderful you still have her around and doing okay at her age. Age is a number, it is what we do with that matters.

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

Her aging beauty is absolutely beautiful. What a great photo to have.

gayle said...

You should get one and have your picture made together!!

jaded said...

Oh what a spicy lady! (I see where you get your pizaaz from). She reminds me of my grandmother who is 86. My grandma loves to get her nails and hair done. It keeps her feeling vital and beautiful. I hope to be that way if I live to that age.