Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another pregnant pause

So remember I told you that on The Nest, we have a running joke about how every time I leave town, someone gets pregnant. At this point women offer me trips just so they can have babies!

Well, when I went to Vegas the end of April, two weeks later my friend Melissa finds out she's having a wee one. My record remained intact!

So two weeks ago, we had a Nestie get together, and one of the gals, Trisha, kept joking that she wanted to sit by me because she was hoping the close proximity might throw a little of the "knocking girls up" thing I have going her way! (I won't elaborate on her situation other than to say it's been a long hard road for them to have a baby) So just for added luck, I rubbed all over her flat little tummy (bitch! LOL) to make sure it worked.

And then Monday, I went out of town, to Cedar Point. Because we all know what happens when I go out of town.

Guess who's pregnant? Yep. Trisha. I'm so freaking happy for her! It brought tears to my eyes to know that her dreams have been answered. I pray for her and her hubby and this little one they have finally been blessed with.

It's a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Allison said...

It is, indeed, a good day! I did a happy dance and also was brought close to tears when I read the good news. :) Good job, once again, Julie!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Aww, Julie, that is so sweet of you! And you had me laughing my ass off with the "bitch" comment - LOL.

Don't post your address, you may a ton of people across the country at your door. Speaking of which, did I tell you I know the managing editor of NBC4? Could be a news story in there :).

You should totally create an ongoing list of those you KTFU over the past few years. It'll be fun to see it grow! Maybe in the right column of your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to hear about Trisha!!!!! I cried too!