Mom and three of her daughters. We miss you, Linda...there is always an empty place in every picture where you should be.
(Somebody asked me yesterday if I am Sue Ellen's daughter. (She's my oldest sister, in the pink shirt) Bwwwwwhahahahahahahaha. I'm the baby of the family. AND, for the first time ever, the most tanned. Booyah!)
There was a brunch at the nursing home, so we spent time with her in the morning. Mom isn't really very responsive these days. She's pretty quiet. She has a hard time having any sort of conversation. But she was here, and last year at this time we were in the hospital with her, and 100% sure it was our last Mother's Day together. "How" she is still here, I don't know. But I'm thankful for having her for one more.
I spent the rest of the day with the reason I am celebrated on Mother's Day. Being this kid's Mom is the greatest thing I ever did.
And getting to share a beautiful Sunday with the loves of my life fills me with unimaginable joy.
I hope your Mother's Day was just as nice.
9 comments:
I bubble over with happiness when I read your posts ....
I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful day!!
ROFLMAO at being Sue Ellen's daughter. I bet she loved that! HA
I LOVE that you changed the name of your blog! You give me hope!
Sounds like a pretty fabulous day :)
Julie, I am glad you had a nice day even with your mother in a home. It is so sad seeing our loved ones like this. We are all left here for a reason. Time takes care of all things. You take care. Tell Danica hello for me and I am well.
So glad you are so happy!!
So happy that you had a good day with Mom. God bless her!
Wow--clearly, there is a lot of love there.
My Mother's Day WAS wonderful and I am glad yours was too. I am sorry I fell off the face of the earth. It has been sooooooooo hectic. I am so glad you are doing so well (and so tanned). I hope you felt like the queen and diva that you are on your day.
xoxo
Jessica
Post a Comment